BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

Old December 25th 17, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 18:52:51 UTC, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Saturday, 4 November 2017 20:06:53 UTC, bert wrote:
In article , R.

SNIP

That is what I should have done in 1997 - anyone got a tardis?

--
bert

It's never too late...
--
bert

Seems to be some sort of hazard - e.g. trying to send asynchronously with a general download, but have not pinned it down yet.

On phone / tablet it says password invalid :-(

Web log in refused this morning - possibly mistyped the fist password attempt, but not the next two before it winged "too many log in attempts - you are locked out". Fortunately Outlook wasn't.
Old December 25th 17, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 03:12:18 -0800 (PST)
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

- possibly mistyped the fist password attempt,

That is beautiful!

--
Davey.
Old December 25th 17, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

- possibly mistyped the fist password attempt,

That is beautiful!

--
Davey.

Doh - it was me this time - [carefully] typing in my Microsoft password instead!

I suppose I could let my passwords be remembered somewhere on my PC or the web - the trouble is that whilst I am pretty sure no-one can read my memory, except me, I am less certain about passwords stored anywhere else!
Old December 25th 17, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB[_2_]

On 26/10/2017 12:41, Davey wrote:
About the same time they provide full Broadband infrastructure to all
parts of Britain?

You can always change to Virgin Fibre or someone else, surely they all
provide full Broadband infrastructure to all parts of Britain ?
Old December 25th 17, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 19:32:09 +0000
MB wrote:

On 26/10/2017 12:41, Davey wrote:
About the same time they provide full Broadband infrastructure to
all parts of Britain?

You can always change to Virgin Fibre or someone else, surely they
all provide full Broadband infrastructure to all parts of Britain ?

" Our services aren't currently available in your area

We've checked your address, (half and hour from Bury St. Edmunds, an
hour from Norwich), and unfortunately it looks like you can't get our
services right now."
Virgin Media.

--
Davey.

Old December 25th 17, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB[_2_]

On 25/12/2017 20:03, Davey wrote:
" Our services aren't currently available in your area

We've checked your address, (half and hour from Bury St. Edmunds, an
hour from Norwich), and unfortunately it looks like you can't get our
services right now."
Virgin Media.

Just amuses me that it is always BT who get all the comments on coverage
whilst their competitors cherry-pick the profitable areas but seem to
get away without getting the same criticism.

Old December 26th 17, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 9:31:26 AM UTC, Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
Just amuses me that it is always BT who get all the comments on
coverage whilst their competitors cherry-pick the profitable
areas but seem to get away without getting the same criticism.

Perhaps because BT inherited a nationwide duct and cable network when the GPO
was privatised at far less it's commercial value and is allowed to continue
using cheap telegraph poles and drop cables to serve premises.

Even today, the government has paid BT billions to subsidise broadband instead
of BT shareholders paying and the public is now expected to pay billions more
for USO.

Meanwhile the cable companies have to build new duct past every property they
wish to serve without any public subsidy. and is not allowed cables above
ground. I'm sure we all agree this makes much more pleasant streets than in
the USA with massive flying cable bundles, but it's not a level playing field.

The cable companies cherry picked areas just as BT does, declaring thousands of
exchanges unprofitable for commercial FTTC rollout, thus requiring BDUK
subsidies.

Angus

But these cable companies could have bid for the broadband buisness, but never did.

Old December 27th 17, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

- possibly mistyped the fist password attempt,

That is beautiful!

--
Davey.

Doh - it was me this time - [carefully] typing in my Microsoft password instead!

Spoke too soon - overnight block on non web mail access last night :-(

Usually the cause appears to be a hazard between Outlook and the servers, when I move an email from the inbox to another folder while it is talking to the server, however Outlook wasn't running this time...

Old December 27th 17, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

Don't think you lot are the only ones.

VM often rejects mail addresses both incoming and outgoing as unknown.
Try sending it again and it rejects again. Close down Outlook and it
says there are unsent mails - respond yes and sometimes it will send
them (or some of them if different senders) others fail again. Next
time you open Outlook it (usually) sends them immediately without
problem.

It quite often denies knowledge of incoming addresses as well, and
that too fails until about the third try.

That's teknologie for you I presume.....

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com