BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

Old February 5th 18, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 11:51:52 UTC, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Wednesday, 27 December 2017 15:02:37 UTC, Woody wrote:
Don't think you lot are the only ones.

VM often rejects mail addresses both incoming and outgoing as unknown.
Try sending it again and it rejects again. Close down Outlook and it
says there are unsent mails - respond yes and sometimes it will send
them (or some of them if different senders) others fail again. Next
time you open Outlook it (usually) sends them immediately without
problem.

It quite often denies knowledge of incoming addresses as well, and
that too fails until about the third try.

That's teknologie for you I presume.....

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Web mail down this morning - entered correct emaddy and password and got the "locked out - too many failed login attempts" message. Outlook connected OK, although server problem on a sub-account.

Web mail down now - message on log in page "Sorry, but we're having problems with BT Yahoo Mail. We're working to get them sorted as soon as possible. "

How about getting shot of Yahoo! for a start?
Old February 7th 18, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AnthonyL

On Mon, 5 Feb 2018 10:51:09 -0800 (PST), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

[...]

Have a look on https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/bd-p/Email

Lots of threads of mail not getting through due to BT's new and
improved spam detection.

Their head of email thinks they're doing a good job and has knocked
any hope of getting full POP3 (including mail marked as bulk) back
again - old technology and unlikely to get spam reports so rejected
mail can disappear into a black hole.

After 20+ years of @btinternet address (hosted mostly still on yahoo)
I'm weening myself away - once done I can happily move off BTinternet
altogether.

--
AnthonyL