A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 26th 17, 12:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 443
Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

Can't access email from Outlook [2013], tablet nor phone. Third or fourth time in two weeks - outages last many hours. Can still log into web mail.

Usually affects main account, but two sub accounts briefly affected on Monday.

Very little held online (.ost), so hard to see any rationale, such as difficulty syncing [with Outlook].

When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?
  #2  
Old October 26th 17, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 572
Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 04:11:19 -0700 (PDT)
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

Can't access email from Outlook [2013], tablet nor phone. Third or
fourth time in two weeks - outages last many hours. Can still log
into web mail.

Usually affects main account, but two sub accounts briefly affected
on Monday.

Very little held online (.ost), so hard to see any rationale, such as
difficulty syncing [with Outlook].

When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?


About the same time they provide full Broadband infrastructure to all
parts of Britain?

Get rid of BT for your e-mail (and everything else).

--
Davey.
  #3  
Old October 26th 17, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 443
Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

On Thursday, 26 October 2017 12:41:39 UTC+1, Davey wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 04:11:19 -0700 (PDT)
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

Can't access email from Outlook [2013], tablet nor phone. Third or
fourth time in two weeks - outages last many hours. Can still log
into web mail.

Usually affects main account, but two sub accounts briefly affected
on Monday.

Very little held online (.ost), so hard to see any rationale, such as
difficulty syncing [with Outlook].

When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?


About the same time they provide full Broadband infrastructure to all
parts of Britain?

Get rid of BT for your e-mail (and everything else).

--
Davey.


The problem is I have a twenty+ year old BTI address and they want 5 per month just to keep it online.

They do supply physical lines (private road - no cable), but the VOIP and calls go elsewhere now.
  #4  
Old October 26th 17, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ant
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24
Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?


I thought they had. My server is mail.btinternet.com and there's no
mention of Yahoo in any headers.


  #5  
Old October 27th 17, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AnthonyL
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 102
Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 17:57:29 +0100, "Ant" wrote:

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?


I thought they had. My server is mail.btinternet.com and there's no
mention of Yahoo in any headers.


Plenty of Yahoo mentions in my [email protected] to [email protected] email eg

Authentication-Results: mta1040.bt.mail.ir2.yahoo.com
from=btinternet.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig);
from=btinternet.com; dkim=pass (ok)

Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO rgout06.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk)
(65.20.0.131)
by mta1040.bt.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 26 Oct 2017
21:12:25 +0000


BT had embarked on a mission to move their servers to an outfit called
Critical Path (?) but the project stalled and hasn't been mentioned
for a few years. Maybe you were one of the few to be moved.


--
AnthonyL
  #6  
Old October 27th 17, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ant
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24
Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

"AnthonyL" wrote:
Plenty of Yahoo mentions in my [email protected] to [email protected] email eg

Authentication-Results: mta1040.bt.mail.ir2.yahoo.com
from=btinternet.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig);
from=btinternet.com; dkim=pass (ok)

Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO rgout06.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk)
(65.20.0.131)
by mta1040.bt.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 26 Oct 2017
21:12:25 +0000


BT had embarked on a mission to move their servers to an outfit called
Critical Path (?) but the project stalled and hasn't been mentioned
for a few years. Maybe you were one of the few to be moved.


I joined BT in November 2014 and have never had mail routed through
Yahoo. Below is the full routing info from a recent email from the
point it left the sender's ESP to me (with appropriate redactions []).

Received: from rgin13.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk (10.110.32.234) by be105.bt.int.cpcloud.co.uk (9.0.029)
id 5822673206E776D2 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:14 +0100

Received: from [sender] ([his IP]) by rgin13.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk (9.0.019.21-1)
id 5996E5298935DED8 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:13 +0100


  #7  
Old October 27th 17, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dick
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 100
Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

On 27-Oct-17 2:14 PM, Ant wrote:
"AnthonyL" wrote:
Plenty of Yahoo mentions in my [email protected] to [email protected] email eg

Authentication-Results: mta1040.bt.mail.ir2.yahoo.com
from=btinternet.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig);
from=btinternet.com; dkim=pass (ok)

Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO rgout06.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk)
(65.20.0.131)
by mta1040.bt.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 26 Oct 2017
21:12:25 +0000


BT had embarked on a mission to move their servers to an outfit called
Critical Path (?) but the project stalled and hasn't been mentioned
for a few years. Maybe you were one of the few to be moved.


I joined BT in November 2014 and have never had mail routed through
Yahoo. Below is the full routing info from a recent email from the
point it left the sender's ESP to me (with appropriate redactions []).

Received: from rgin13.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk (10.110.32.234) by be105.bt.int.cpcloud.co.uk (9.0.029)
id 5822673206E776D2 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:14 +0100

Received: from [sender] ([his IP]) by rgin13.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk (9.0.019.21-1)
id 5996E5298935DED8 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:13 +0100


All new customers from about 2013/2014 are on the BTMail service
operated by Critical Path/Openwave/whatever they are called this week.
Many customers on the old BTYahoo mail service were also migrated to the
new system but the migration halted for undisclosed reasons about 2
years ago leaving many customers still on the legacy BTYahoo system.
  #8  
Old October 27th 17, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

On 26/10/2017 17:57, Ant wrote:
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:
When Oh when are BT going to dump Yahoo! and do email properly?


I thought they had. My server is mail.btinternet.com and there's no
mention of Yahoo in any headers.


Some users are on BT Servers, some on Yahoo. Migration seems to be on
hold. I think this split may be causing many of the problems...

Dave
  #9  
Old October 28th 17, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AnthonyL
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 102
Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 14:14:22 +0100, "Ant" wrote:

"AnthonyL" wrote:
Plenty of Yahoo mentions in my [email protected] to [email protected] email eg

Authentication-Results: mta1040.bt.mail.ir2.yahoo.com
from=btinternet.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig);
from=btinternet.com; dkim=pass (ok)

Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO rgout06.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk)
(65.20.0.131)
by mta1040.bt.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 26 Oct 2017
21:12:25 +0000


BT had embarked on a mission to move their servers to an outfit called
Critical Path (?) but the project stalled and hasn't been mentioned
for a few years. Maybe you were one of the few to be moved.


I joined BT in November 2014 and have never had mail routed through
Yahoo. Below is the full routing info from a recent email from the
point it left the sender's ESP to me (with appropriate redactions []).

Received: from rgin13.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk (10.110.32.234) by be105.bt.int.cpcloud.co.uk (9.0.029)
id 5822673206E776D2 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:14 +0100

Received: from [sender] ([his IP]) by rgin13.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk (9.0.019.21-1)
id 5996E5298935DED8 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:13 +0100



Yes - cpcloud = Critical Path cloud, for some strange reason a German
outfit. And being a new customer you've not had the pleasure of
learning that all the bt/yahoo credentials were hacked years before
any admission of the situation.


--
AnthonyL
  #10  
Old October 28th 17, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ant
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24
Default BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

"AnthonyL" wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 14:14:22 +0100, "Ant" wrote:
Received: from [sender] ([his IP]) by rgin13.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk (9.0.019.21-1)
id 5996E5298935DED8 for [my email addr]; Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:49:13 +0100


Yes - cpcloud = Critical Path cloud, for some strange reason a German
outfit.


So that's what that cloud reference means.

And being a new customer you've not had the pleasure of
learning that all the bt/yahoo credentials were hacked years before
any admission of the situation.


I do know that many Yahoo accounts were compromised a while back. I've
had spam from friends using Yahoo who had no idea that miscreants were
sending mail from them.


 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Am I screwed? Ninju uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 46 February 5th 09 10:30 PM
screwed by a Virgin thedarkman uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 14 June 5th 07 10:47 PM
is this line screwed? nick uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 3 November 1st 06 08:22 AM
Am I a muppet, or is my network screwed... Marcus Fox uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) 3 July 31st 03 08:52 PM
Zen are screwed Draxen uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 56 July 22nd 03 10:55 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2018 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.