yahoo down again

Old January 5th 18, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael R N Dolbear

Default yahoo down again

"Graham J" wrote in message news
critcher wrote:
wonder what they lost this time?

Are there any free email services that do work reliably?

I am about to make a recommendation to a very inexpert (and

cash-strapped) user ... normally I would suggest paying a reputable
supplier for a domain and and mail hosting, but this user may not want
to fund it.

I am using gmx.com (there is also https://www.gmx.co.uk/ )

I use Gmail too, but it started to discard mailing list posts from users of
Aol.com

If you want to pay Fastmail.com (started as Fastmail.fm) is quite good.

All seem reliable.

--
Mike D

Old January 6th 18, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Friday, 5 January 2018 18:39:34 UTC, Bob Henson wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

On Friday, 5 January 2018 15:35:51 UTC, Bob Henson wrote:
Graham J wrote:

critcher wrote:
wonder what they lost this time?

Are there any free email services that do work reliably?

I am about to make a recommendation to a very inexpert (and
cash-strapped) user ... normally I would suggest paying a reputable
supplier for a domain and and mail hosting, but this user may not want
to fund it.

Google is solid as a rock - never failed in all the time I've had my
accounts running.

For various reasons Google sometimes cancels accounts and deletes any
content in them. You are not paying and have no come back nor any
redress if they do this.

I've never heard of it happening to anyone who behaves themselves and
sticks to their terms of service.

And doesn't get hacked or have spurious complaints made against them, or there is a mistake...

-- Bob Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

Manifesto - a statement of what you would do if you had talent, honour and
principles.

Old January 9th 18, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
martin

On 2018-01-05, Graham J wrote:
www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 05/01/2018 14:33, Graham J wrote:
critcher wrote:
wonder what they lost this time?

Are there any free email services that do work reliably?

I am about to make a recommendation to a very inexpert (and
cash-strapped) user ... normally I would suggest paying a reputable
supplier for a domain and and mail hosting, but this user may not
want to fund it.

Protonmail.com
Currently web/mobile only and 500MB storage space but that should be
ample. Also not spied and pried on to feed adverts to you like gmail
etc.

User really needs IMAP since broaband round here is awful. Anything
web-only takes far too long to review mail held only on a remote server.
At least a local cache in the mail client helps this.

Mythic-beasts, cheap, reliable, secure, I have been using them for years
I have 3 domains and a large number of mailboxes and 3 websites
but just a domain and mail very economical.

--
Martin
Old January 9th 18, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DaverN

On 09/01/2018 14:30, Chronos wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 10:25:07 +0000
martin wrote:

Mythic-beasts, cheap, reliable, secure, I have been using them for
years I have 3 domains and a large number of mailboxes and 3 websites
but just a domain and mail very economical.

+1. Million. The folks at MB have clue.

+2

They will throw in a basic website for very little extra and if you need
a VPS with full configuration possibilities, letsencrypt via domain
records, build your own databases, etc., it's all there for the asking.

Clueful folks based in Cambridge who took on blackcatnetworks when the
original owners wanted to do something else.

DaverN
Old January 11th 18, 02:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MissRiaElaine

On 05/01/18 16:51, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Friday, 5 January 2018 15:35:51 UTC, Bob Henson wrote:
Graham J wrote:

[snip]
Google is solid as a rock - never failed in all the time I've had my
accounts running.

For various reasons Google sometimes cancels accounts and deletes any content in them. You are not paying and have no come back nor any redress if they do this.

Never happened to any of the 6 accounts I've had for years.

--
Ria in Aberdeen