leaving phone of hook slow broadband down

Old January 14th 18, 09:53 AM
freeflow freeflow is offline
Junior Member

Default leaving phone of hook slow broadband down

Hi
Bt openreach has been trying to fix my broadband problem now for 4 month, when my phone rings i get disconnected. I got adsl and a 8km direct line to exchange,no cabinet

yesterday i was in an important conference and the phone disconnected that conference and my broadband when it rang ,so i decided to take the phone of the hook now ,but my broadband download has now slowed down from 700 kpbs to just over 350 kpbs, is this just a coincidence or can taking phone of hook cause this?

Thanks