What's the latest and greatest ATA FXS adapter now ?

Old January 31st 18, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default What's the latest and greatest ATA FXS adapter now ?

On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 14:55:06 UTC, Dave wrote:
On 31/01/2018 14:47, Dave wrote:
On 29/01/2018 17:39, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Monday, 29 January 2018 17:22:40 UTC, Michael Chare wrote:
On 22/01/2018 16:58, Dave wrote:

I'm looking to upgrade my router to a DrayTek Vigor 2862AC from a Draytek 2600VG which has two FXS ports that will need replacing
hence my subject - what is the 'best' single or dual port ATA now ?

Dave.

I like my Gigaset N300 which is a VOIP DECT base station best used with
Gigaset DECT phones.

I also have a Cisco SPA112 which is perhaps closer to what you asked for.

--
Michael Chare

I have a C475i (PSTN _ 2 VOIP), but there is also the N510 (4 VOIP), however there is no facility to plug in regular handsets.

Thanks guys, for some reason my newsgroups hadn't updated.

I entirely forgot about Gigaset's N310, do they still have issues with some of their handsets ? come to that, what Gigaset handset
is the most favoured?? - I liked the one with metal buttons. Shame the N310 doesn't have a FXS port ...

As I said I'm looking to replace my ageing Draytek 2600VG (two FXS ports) with a DrayTek Vigor 2862AC which doesn't have any FXS
ports so looking to replace them somehow. I have a SPA3102 which serves the landline to FreePBX and a elderly DECT VIA FXS.

Dave.

Opps I meant Gigaset N510

Used a large variety of Gigaset handsets (and even some plain old DECT ones) with non VOIP, C460i, C475i and N510 base stations and never encountered any problems.

Obviously the dumber handsets can't access all the more advanced features, in particular deleting handsets so that one can register another.

Which handset you want will depend a little on budget. For a basic phone bank, but the cheapest, for your MD's desks get a posh one. A mid-range C430A is a good value compromise suitable for most purposes.