What's the latest and greatest ATA FXS adapter now ?

Old January 22nd 18, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

Default What's the latest and greatest ATA FXS adapter now ?

I'm looking to upgrade my router to a DrayTek Vigor 2862AC from a Draytek 2600VG which has two FXS ports that will need replacing
hence my subject - what is the 'best' single or dual port ATA now ?

Dave.
Old January 22nd 18, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Monday, 22 January 2018 16:58:37 UTC, Dave wrote:
I'm looking to upgrade my router to a DrayTek Vigor 2862AC from a Draytek 2600VG which has two FXS ports that will need replacing
hence my subject - what is the 'best' single or dual port ATA now ?

Dave.

Draytek Bx2000n still has a Voip port, but are they still selling it?

They are still supporting it, with a firmware release only last Friday.
Old January 24th 18, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

On 22/01/2018 20:24, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Monday, 22 January 2018 16:58:37 UTC, Dave wrote:
I'm looking to upgrade my router to a DrayTek Vigor 2862AC from a Draytek 2600VG which has two FXS ports that will need replacing
hence my subject - what is the 'best' single or dual port ATA now ?

Dave.

Draytek Bx2000n still has a Voip port, but are they still selling it?

They are still supporting it, with a firmware release only last Friday.

Looks like an interesting box but I'm already using PBX - FreePBX

Is the PAP2 still available ? ??
Old January 24th 18, 02:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob Eager[_3_]

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 11:05:23 +0000, Dave wrote:

On 22/01/2018 20:24, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Monday, 22 January 2018 16:58:37 UTC, Dave wrote:
I'm looking to upgrade my router to a DrayTek Vigor 2862AC from a
Draytek 2600VG which has two FXS ports that will need replacing hence
my subject - what is the 'best' single or dual port ATA now ?

Dave.

Draytek Bx2000n still has a Voip port, but are they still selling it?

They are still supporting it, with a firmware release only last Friday.

Looks like an interesting box but I'm already using PBX - FreePBX

Is the PAP2 still available ? ??

Doesn't seem to be. I tried to buy one from the Far East once, and they
took my money and it never turned up.

Although I think they've stopped making them, you can get the SPA3012 if
you look around. This thread prompted me to buy a spare.

The SPA3102 has one FXS port and one FXO port. The FXO port connects to
the broadband line and gets used just for free BT calls. The FXS port
drives the auxiliary Bell 80D in the garden!
Old January 24th 18, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob Eager[_3_]

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 13:53:37 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

[...]

To confirm...the first occurrence was a typo. It's the SPA3102.
Old January 24th 18, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

On 22/01/2018 20:24, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Monday, 22 January 2018 16:58:37 UTC, Dave wrote:
I'm looking to upgrade my router to a DrayTek Vigor 2862AC from a Draytek 2600VG which has two FXS ports that will need replacing
hence my subject - what is the 'best' single or dual port ATA now ?

Dave.

Draytek Bx2000n still has a Voip port, but are they still selling it?

They are still supporting it, with a firmware release only last Friday.

Looks like an interesting box but I'm already using PBX - FreePBX

Is the PAP2 still available ? ??

I thought you wanted the "best" router with FSX, but if a humble PAP2
fits the bill, the possibilities are considerably widened.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old January 29th 18, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Michael Chare[_2_]

On 22/01/2018 16:58, Dave wrote:

I'm looking to upgrade my router to a DrayTek Vigor 2862AC from a Draytek 2600VG which has two FXS ports that will need replacing
hence my subject - what is the 'best' single or dual port ATA now ?

Dave.

I like my Gigaset N300 which is a VOIP DECT base station best used with
Gigaset DECT phones.

I also have a Cisco SPA112 which is perhaps closer to what you asked for.

--
Michael Chare
Old January 29th 18, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Monday, 29 January 2018 17:22:40 UTC, Michael Chare wrote:
On 22/01/2018 16:58, Dave wrote:

I'm looking to upgrade my router to a DrayTek Vigor 2862AC from a Draytek 2600VG which has two FXS ports that will need replacing
hence my subject - what is the 'best' single or dual port ATA now ?

Dave.

I like my Gigaset N300 which is a VOIP DECT base station best used with
Gigaset DECT phones.

I also have a Cisco SPA112 which is perhaps closer to what you asked for.

--
Michael Chare

I have a C475i (PSTN _ 2 VOIP), but there is also the N510 (4 VOIP), however there is no facility to plug in regular handsets.
Old January 31st 18, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

On 22/01/2018 16:58, Dave wrote:

I'm looking to upgrade my router to a DrayTek Vigor 2862AC from a Draytek 2600VG which has two FXS ports that will need replacing
hence my subject - what is the 'best' single or dual port ATA now ?

Dave.

I like my Gigaset N300 which is a VOIP DECT base station best used with
Gigaset DECT phones.

I also have a Cisco SPA112 which is perhaps closer to what you asked for.

--
Michael Chare

I have a C475i (PSTN _ 2 VOIP), but there is also the N510 (4 VOIP), however there is no facility to plug in regular handsets.

Thanks guys, for some reason my newsgroups hadn't updated.

I entirely forgot about Gigaset's N310, do they still have issues with some of their handsets ? come to that, what Gigaset handset
is the most favoured?? - I liked the one with metal buttons. Shame the N310 doesn't have a FXS port ...

As I said I'm looking to replace my ageing Draytek 2600VG (two FXS ports) with a DrayTek Vigor 2862AC which doesn't have any FXS
ports so looking to replace them somehow. I have a SPA3102 which serves the landline to FreePBX and a elderly DECT VIA FXS.

Dave.

Old January 31st 18, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

On 22/01/2018 16:58, Dave wrote:

[...]

Opps I meant Gigaset N510