FTTC again!!! :(

Old January 25th 18, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 218 + on netbook

Default FTTC again!!! :(

After waiting since December 2012, which was the first availability of
VDSL FTTC and SOGEA from my local cabinet that I was aware of, and from
then, them constantly putting the date back, so that the last they
were publishing was December 2017 we have now progressed. There is no
availability date published at all, andwhat they state now is:
'VDSL FTTC and SOGEA is currently not available on this cabinet due
to the following reasons. This cabinet is under review. We'll explore
fibre broadband solutions & will update once done.'
That is quoted from:
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/a...neNumberOutput
--
Heard messages are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter
FN 218+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

---

Old January 25th 18, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7[_2_]

Flyiñg Ñuñ 218 + on netbook wrote:

After waiting since December 2012, which was the first availability of
VDSL FTTC and SOGEA from my local cabinet that I was aware of, and from
then, them constantly putting the date back, so that the last they
were publishing was December 2017 we have now progressed. There is no
availability date published at all, andwhat they state now is:
'VDSL FTTC and SOGEA is currently not available on this cabinet due
to the following reasons. This cabinet is under review. We'll explore
fibre broadband solutions & will update once done.'
That is quoted from:
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/a...neNumberOutput

Your experience is repeated all over the country.

What you need to do is campaign for
the cheaper symmetric fibre internet rolled out UK
instead of copper broadband crap internet
and the complete deregulation of the fibre to home market.

Copper is 20x more expensive to provision, and thus
slow to roll out while fibre is 20x cheaper
and therefore a lot faster to roll out.

How krone tool master baitors BT attacked a UK village

These *fscking* BT (British Telecum) krone tool master
baiters and how they abuse UK villagers seems
to come with no limit.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...e-village.html

There is a lot of trolls talking up the topics
but everyone is confused about what is right next to them.

Look at the second photo and the map. Clearly British Telecum
Openroach Offcum krone tool master baitors
have installed their brand new fibre into a village.

ITS A *FSCKING* FIBRE!!!!!!!!

These I assume are 10 gbit with hundreds
of strands - because it costs 2 per meter to install
this kind of fibre bundle.

So this rural village has a *FSCKING* FIBRE!!!

I repeat - this *fskcing* village has a *FSCKING* FIBRE!!!!

Yet waaaat internet do the villagers get?

The closest houses 1,2,3 get NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely fsck all internet with a *FSCKING* FIBRE
sitting next to them.

The next few houses get copper internet at sloooow
speeds at 20x expense of a fibre modem at $14.

WAAAAT THE *FSCK* IS GOING ON INSIDE OFFCUM BT OPENROACH
TO LET THIS HAPPEN???????????

Anyone with an air spade can cable up all the houses
with fibre in a day or two for under 150 per connection
including the $14 1gbit fibre modem.

That is a lot cheaper than the copper internet
equipment sitting in the cabinets.

We hear every day about rural broad band speeds suck.
Yes because government don't know what to ask for.

They should NEVER ask for broadband.

Always ask, what is the cheapest way to provision
symmetric Internet. Symmetric Internet can easily
and cheaply provisioned with 1gbit $14 fibre modems.

This pattern abuse is applies to ALL VILLAGES,
ALL REMOTE AREAS, ALL *FCKING* PLACES where
there is broadband.

At every *fscking* place there is a 10gbit fibre bundle
of 100 cores or more sitting in the cabinet
at 2 per meter. If not, Openreach should
be wound up for wasting tax payer money it
took to build this infrastructure, confiscate
all the ducts and let someone else like
a national fibre infrastructure operator
have a go with local fibre unbundling.

Every villager is intentionally being conned
out of Internet in Brex****ting UK plc.

Never ask for broadband. Always ask for cheapest
symmetric Internet.

BT (British Telecum) Openroach OFfcum might choose to lie,
in which case take them to court to explain costs
and poor shiite for investor working practices.

Hyperoptic, B4RN etc all manage to install fibre
and charge from 30 per month for symmetric
1gbit fibre. So BT openroach etc can only sell it cheaper
because their costs are even more lower.

British Telecum (BT) Openroach Offcum Fraudsters In Your Area

British Shiite For Telecum (BT) Openroach Offcum fraudsters now
operating in your area.

Typically they will promise your local council, or local
authority, or government they are taking your money to fibre
up a village - it could be Aberdeenshire, it would be Wales,
it could be London, and the *fscking* shiite investors are pulling
off the same fraud in every area.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...d-rollout.html

They will spend 5 figure sums bringing fibre
to the village, and then run away not spending the 150
per household needed to connect the houses to internet.

This pattern of fraud is being repeated everywhere in an
identical pattern.

They install the fibre to the village
but run like the little dishonest shiites they are
from cabling up the houses.

Waaat the fsck for?

What are these super thick shiites doing in Telecum industry
with a license to cable up Brex****ting UK plc?
They don't know how to connect villages unlike
B4RN for example.

Should their telecom licenses be confiscated
for rural area telecom along with all the grants
they have received clawed back?

As a company, they should be prohibited from bidding
on rural telecom projets and actively dismissed
as a viable proposition until ALL their *fscking* mess
in the country side is sorted and FINISHED.

Old January 25th 18, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

On 25/01/2018 12:13, Flyi�g �u� 2�18 + on netbook wrote:
After waiting since December 2012, which was the first availability of
VDSL FTTC and SOGEA from my local cabinet that I was aware of, and from
then, them constantly putting the date back, so that the last they
were publishing was December 2017 we have now progressed. There is no
availability date published at all, andwhat they state now is:
'VDSL FTTC and SOGEA is currently not available on this cabinet due
to the following reasons. This cabinet is under review. We'll explore
fibre broadband solutions & will update once done.'
That is quoted from:
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/a...neNumberOutput

Our slipped like that. What you need to do is what we did. We talked to
some local ISPs, and got together a design for a system to use a wide
angle antenna from a house on a hill to talk to everyone in the village.
We were then going to run a point-to-point link from the house on the
hill to the next village, where there was fibre and a resident would act
as te base station.

We got as far as getting quotes for all the gear.

BT announced that
(1) The newly provisioned other village didn't have spare capacity to
run a fibre to that house, and it was going to cost thousands
(2) Suddenly they stopped slipping year on year.

I now have a fibre into my understairs cupboard

Andy
Old January 26th 18, 08:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Brown[_2_]

On 25/01/2018 20:59, Vir Campestris wrote:
[...]

We have got as far as having the first base node installed on the VH.
Same microwave based Clannet solution as neighbouring village with even
worse old corroded aluminium wiring. I can't see BT coming in at the
last minute - there simply isn't enough demand for faster broadband.

BT announced that
(1) The newly provisioned other village didn't have spare capacity to
run a fibre to that house, and it was going to cost thousands
(2) Suddenly they stopped slipping year on year.

That is what they do to prevent local entrepreneurs from exploiting the
not spots if there is sufficient proven demand. FTTRN has proved
something of a joke here in North Yorks - has it worked well anywhere?

I now have a fibre into my understairs cupboard

Andy

Lucky you. There is no chance of fibre to cabinet here and for that
matter no cabinet for there to be fibre to. Exchange only lines.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old January 28th 18, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

On 26/01/2018 08:48, Martin Brown wrote:

Lucky you. There is no chance of fibre to cabinet here and for that
matter no cabinet for there to be fibre to. Exchange only lines.

There was no real chance of FTTC for most of our village (which is long
and thin). Which is why a lot of us now have FTTP.

Andy
Old January 30th 18, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Brown[_2_]

On 28/01/2018 21:34, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 26/01/2018 08:48, Martin Brown wrote:

Lucky you. There is no chance of fibre to cabinet here and for that
matter no cabinet for there to be fibre to. Exchange only lines.

There was no real chance of FTTC for most of our village (which is long
and thin). Which is why a lot of us now have FTTP.

How did you wangle that. FTTP would require running new fibre right back
to the exchange and ~5km of new trunking. The existing stuff is shot and
full of muddy water so no chance of ever blowing anything through it.

Even some of the "waterproof" junctions are prone to water ingress. Half
the village went offline last year and when they dug up the offending
object buried under my kerbside lawn it rattled like maracas with the
water inside. Not surprising nothing was working past that point.

Internet performance here varies considerably with the height of the
water table and ingress of spiders and other creepy crawlies in autumn.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old January 30th 18, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

On 30/01/2018 13:15, Martin Brown wrote:
On 28/01/2018 21:34, Vir Campestris wrote:

There was no real chance of FTTC for most of our village (which is
long and thin). Which is why a lot of us now have FTTP.

How did you wangle that. FTTP would require running new fibre right back
to the exchange and ~5km of new trunking. The existing stuff is shot and
full of muddy water so no chance of ever blowing anything through it.

snip

Sound familiar. We had a lot of new ducting put in. But some of the
fibre is overhead.

BT were doing nothing until they realised they were about to lose trade
from a whole village (see up-thread). Connecting Cambridgeshire put some
dosh up too.

Andy
Old January 31st 18, 08:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Brown[_2_]

On 30/01/2018 21:14, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 30/01/2018 13:15, Martin Brown wrote:
On 28/01/2018 21:34, Vir Campestris wrote:

There was no real chance of FTTC for most of our village (which is
long and thin). Which is why a lot of us now have FTTP.

How did you wangle that. FTTP would require running new fibre right
back to the exchange and ~5km of new trunking. The existing stuff is
shot and full of muddy water so no chance of ever blowing anything
through it.

snip

Sound familiar. We had a lot of new ducting put in. But some of the
fibre is overhead.

BT were doing nothing until they realised they were about to lose trade
from a whole village (see up-thread). Connecting Cambridgeshire put some
dosh up too.

They have lost whole villages up here - especially the ones with a dodgy
mix of corroded mixed copper and aluminium wiring. The farms have become
early adopters since they need reliable internet for stock movements and
the fixed line problems were costing them serious money. It is unusual
not to see a remote farm with a small microwave dish round here now.
Some are perched on very tall poles attached to the highest structure to
get line of sight over trees and hills to the next node.

Domestic users can't really justify the relatively high up front install
and hardware costs but that is about to change once the VH gets its
rebroadcast antenna since that will boost the signal to a level where a
much simpler unobtrusive device will pick it up at full speed with a
line of sight range of about 500m. It still has much higher fixed costs
for the more complex hardware but doesn't need expert installers.

TBH I think some of the rural broadband initiative money should be spent
illuminating the populated not-spots with 3G or 4G signals. This would
benefit locals and visitors alike. Many are amazed to find no mobile
signal in much of the dales. EE is about the least worst in N Yorks.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old January 31st 18, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
news
[...]

EE will be benefiting from the extra infrastructure they are
installing for the new emergency services radio system to replace
Airwave. I heard they have something like 348 new sites to install,
mostly in mid/north Wales and the north of England.

Not knowing exactly where you live Martin, what is the VH and which
system of radio linking are you talking about - surely not NYNet?

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old January 31st 18, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Brown[_2_]

On 31/01/2018 15:16, Woody wrote:
"Martin Brown" wrote in message
news

Not knowing exactly where you live Martin, what is the VH and which
system of radio linking are you talking about - surely not NYNet?

VH is Village Hall - a suitably tall building with a cuppola on top.

They were Clannet when I last looked but seem to have transmuted into
Quickline. Other brands are available and overlapping in Hambleton.

http://www.clannet.co.uk/

--
Regards,
Martin Brown