Hyperoptic get their way.

Old February 24th 18, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Hyperoptic get their way.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/02/ofc...net-providers/

Which will allow me-too operators like Hyperoptic to piggy-back BT's infratructure at little or no cost, giving them opportunity profits and slashing BT's.

Hopefully now they have won we won't have to endure pages of 7's drivel about the subject, although whether Hyperoptic can provide service near you (or near anyone for that matter) will remain a moot point.
Old February 24th 18, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB[_2_]

On 24/02/2018 10:31, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/02/ofc...net-providers/

Which will allow me-too operators like Hyperoptic to piggy-back BT's infratructure at little or no cost, giving them opportunity profits and slashing BT's.

Hopefully now they have won we won't have to endure pages of 7's drivel about the subject, although whether Hyperoptic can provide service near you (or near anyone for that matter) will remain a moot point.

We will probably see moans that their contractors have to comply with BT
standards and have some certification to prove they that they have as
well as hopefully insurance to cover any damage they cause.

I know from my time at work that site sharers from other companies were
a real PITA, they tended to leave a mess and deny all knowledge and
responsibility.
Old February 24th 18, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager[_3_]

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 11:56:39 +0000, MB wrote:

On 24/02/2018 10:31, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/02/ofc...-to-share-its-

telegraph-poles-with-other-internet-providers/

Which will allow me-too operators like Hyperoptic to piggy-back BT's
infratructure at little or no cost, giving them opportunity profits and
slashing BT's.

Hopefully now they have won we won't have to endure pages of 7's drivel
about the subject, although whether Hyperoptic can provide service near
you (or near anyone for that matter) will remain a moot point.

We will probably see moans that their contractors have to comply with BT
standards and have some certification to prove they that they have as
well as hopefully insurance to cover any damage they cause.

I know from my time at work that site sharers from other companies were
a real PITA, they tended to leave a mess and deny all knowledge and
responsibility.

Hyperoptic will probably supersede Kelly as the joke of the industry.
Old February 24th 18, 02:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.[_3_]

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/02/ofc...net-providers/

Which will allow me-too operators like Hyperoptic to piggy-back BT's infratructure at little or no cost, giving them opportunity profits and slashing BT's.

Hopefully now they have won we won't have to endure pages of 7's drivel about the subject, although whether Hyperoptic can provide service near you (or near anyone for that matter) will remain a moot point.

Without creating an incursion into APIHNA's territory I would just
like to point out that the headline
"OFCOM tells BT" has one less character than
"Ofcom's Told BT", which looks colloquial to me.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old February 25th 18, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Saturday, 24 February 2018 11:56:40 UTC, MB wrote:
On 24/02/2018 10:31, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/02/ofc...net-providers/

Which will allow me-too operators like Hyperoptic to piggy-back BT's infratructure at little or no cost, giving them opportunity profits and slashing BT's.

Hopefully now they have won we won't have to endure pages of 7's drivel about the subject, although whether Hyperoptic can provide service near you (or near anyone for that matter) will remain a moot point.

We will probably see moans that their contractors have to comply with BT
standards and have some certification to prove they that they have as
well as hopefully insurance to cover any damage they cause.

I know from my time at work that site sharers from other companies were
a real PITA, they tended to leave a mess and deny all knowledge and
responsibility.

Like the numpties from NT Hell a few years ago, who were installing cable to some new flats near me. Unable to read the plans, instead of digging to their box a few metres from the building, they dug over 50m over a piazza (ruining the paving), into a busy main road and bus route and struck a large gas main - leading to major disruption and diversions, fire brigade attendance etc.

Cost the subbies [], IIRC
Old February 25th 18, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Saturday, 24 February 2018 12:30:26 UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

Already have n'est pas?