Draytek v2760

Old March 2nd 18, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade[_3_]

Default Draytek v2760

Folks,

I was thinking of getting a couple of these, so I can build a VPN
which includes my Spanish an UK homes.

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/produ...aytek-v2760-k/

Is this a good solution?

How do I choose where my traffic appears on the internet?

Any other suggestions?

Dave
Old March 2nd 18, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"David Wade" wrote in message
news
Folks,

I was thinking of getting a couple of these, so I can build a VPN
which includes my Spanish an UK homes.

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/produ...aytek-v2760-k/

Is this a good solution?

How do I choose where my traffic appears on the internet?

Any other suggestions?

Whilst it is nice to do something yourself Kaspersky do a VPN - called
Sceure Connection - which covers 5 items with unlimited download and
your choice (at any time) of the country of residence of the VPN
server including the UK for 19.99 per annum. You can use it on a PC,
Mac, iPhone, or Android.

At that price is it really worth the bother?

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old March 2nd 18, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager[_3_]

On Fri, 02 Mar 2018 11:43:52 +0000, Woody wrote:

"David Wade" wrote in message
news
Folks,

I was thinking of getting a couple of these, so I can build a VPN
which includes my Spanish an UK homes.

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/produ...aytek-v2760-k/

Is this a good solution?

How do I choose where my traffic appears on the internet?

Any other suggestions?

Whilst it is nice to do something yourself Kaspersky do a VPN - called
Sceure Connection - which covers 5 items with unlimited download and
your choice (at any time) of the country of residence of the VPN server
including the UK for 19.99 per annum. You can use it on a PC,
Mac, iPhone, or Android.

At that price is it really worth the bother?

A really secure. Private to you and your compatriot at the other end.

Oh, and the Russians.

Old March 2nd 18, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade[_3_]

On 02/03/2018 15:16, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Friday, 2 March 2018 14:13:52 UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 02 Mar 2018 11:43:52 +0000, Woody wrote:

"David Wade" wrote in message
news Folks,

I was thinking of getting a couple of these, so I can build a VPN
which includes my Spanish an UK homes.

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/produ...aytek-v2760-k/

Is this a good solution?

How do I choose where my traffic appears on the internet?

Any other suggestions?

Whilst it is nice to do something yourself Kaspersky do a VPN - called
Sceure Connection - which covers 5 items with unlimited download and
your choice (at any time) of the country of residence of the VPN server
including the UK for 19.99 per annum. You can use it on a PC,
Mac, iPhone, or Android.

At that price is it really worth the bother?

A really secure. Private to you and your compatriot at the other end.

Oh, and the Russians.

and GCHQ

Don't really care about GCHQ just want to be able to see stuff on both
LANs without having to use team viewer and client VPN which. Currently I
have an old XP box which does for UK tv in Spain but it would be nice to
be able to just work...

Dave
Old March 2nd 18, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_2_]

David Wade wrote:

[snip]

Don't really care about GCHQ just want to be able to see stuff on both
LANs without having to use team viewer and client VPN which. Currently I
have an old XP box which does for UK tv in Spain but it would be nice to
be able to just work...

Draytek routers are generally very good for implementing a LAN-to-LAN
VPN. You will need a static public IP at one end at least, ideally at
both. The v2860 or its predecessors would be better for VPN support;
they allow both dial-in and dial-out VPNs.

I've used them a lot for supporting customers. LAN-to-LAN is
particularly useful for direct management of printers, NAS boxes, and
other IP devices rather than relying on access via a PC or whater at the
remote site.

--
Graham J

Old March 2nd 18, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager[_3_]

On Fri, 02 Mar 2018 07:16:27 -0800, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

On Friday, 2 March 2018 14:13:52 UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 02 Mar 2018 11:43:52 +0000, Woody wrote:

"David Wade" wrote in message
news Folks,

I was thinking of getting a couple of these, so I can build a VPN
which includes my Spanish an UK homes.

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/produ...aytek-v2760-k/

Is this a good solution?

How do I choose where my traffic appears on the internet?

Any other suggestions?

Whilst it is nice to do something yourself Kaspersky do a VPN -
called Sceure Connection - which covers 5 items with unlimited
download and your choice (at any time) of the country of residence of
the VPN server including the UK for 19.99 per annum. You can use it
on a PC,
Mac, iPhone, or Android.

At that price is it really worth the bother?

A really secure. Private to you and your compatriot at the other end.

Oh, and the Russians.

and GCHQ

Yes, but it's really really easy for the Russians!
Old March 2nd 18, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On 02/03/2018 17:57, David Wade wrote:
On 02/03/2018 15:16, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Friday, 2 March 2018 14:13:52 UTC, Bob Eager* wrote:
On Fri, 02 Mar 2018 11:43:52 +0000, Woody wrote:

"David Wade" wrote in message
news Folks,

[...]

Maybe consider putting a Raspberry Pi on each LAN and install OpenVPN on
each using pivpn:

http://www.pivpn.io/

It's very straightforward. Just setup portforwarding on each router.
The Android phone client is good, too.

Old March 2nd 18, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade[_3_]

On 02/03/2018 20:56, Mark wrote:
On 02/03/2018 17:57, David Wade wrote:
On 02/03/2018 15:16, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Friday, 2 March 2018 14:13:52 UTC, Bob Eager* wrote:
On Fri, 02 Mar 2018 11:43:52 +0000, Woody wrote:

"David Wade" wrote in message
news Folks,

[...]

One router is double natted...
Old March 4th 18, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On 02/03/2018 22:32, David Wade wrote:
On 02/03/2018 20:56, Mark wrote:

[snip]

Maybe consider putting a Raspberry Pi on each LAN and install OpenVPN
on each using pivpn:

http://www.pivpn.io/

It's very straightforward. Just setup portforwarding on each router.
The Android phone client is good, too.

One router is double natted...

Put a Pi on the one that isn't.

And..can you avoid the double NATting? Or insert a Pi in between, somehow?