ASA on the defensive

Old March 12th 18, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default ASA on the defensive

On Tuesday, 6 March 2018 22:54:25 UTC, 7 wrote:
Graham. wrote:

No wish to give credibility to 7's babblings by replying to his
thread, but it's interesting to read what ****wits the ASA take us
for:

https://www.asa.org.uk/uploads/asset...0af1740ab7.pdf

Their synopses here
https://www.asa.org.uk/news/asa-conc...broadband.html

"Once educated about the meaning of fibre, participants do not believe they
would change their previous purchasing decision; they do not think that the
word ‘fibre' should be changed in part-fibre ads"

The utter fskwits have framed themselves into a corner.

I wonder what the "education" consisted of?

Did it inform them that

1. Fibre would be theoretically 20x cheaper than copper for the same data?
2. That fibre is 20x times quicker for the same price?
3. That games played 20x quicker?
4. That a £2000 pc cannot be used to play professional online games to win?
4. That for fibre distance from exchange does not affect speed?
5. That upload speeds are some 20x times quicker for social media?
6. That whole family can share the internet without noticeable slowing down?
7. That fibre can be provisioned some 20x quicker than copper?
8. That fibre requires 20x less equipment to provision than fibre?
9. That fibre does not attract lightening strikes
10. That copper is subject to copper theft while fibre is worthless?

If I were given a list 1..10, I would immediately tell the ASA fsckwits
to stop miss-selling copper as fibre when there are such huge
differences in price, value, speed, reliability, etc.

WHile you have been demonstrating the art of oral flatulence on this group the real guys have actually taken on the ASA: -

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...allenge-to-asa

however as FTTC is typically fibre 80-90% of the way I think they will fail..

After all how many PC's have an optical in port on the back (mine does have an optical out port).
Old March 14th 18, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB[_2_]

On 12/03/2018 21:53, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
WHile you have been demonstrating the art of oral flatulence on this group the real guys have actually taken on the ASA: -

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...allenge-to-asa

however as FTTC is typically fibre 80-90% of the way I think they will fail.

After all how many PC's have an optical in port on the back (mine does have an optical out port).

And how real users are interested in playing games. Read like someone
who has been getting complaints from their parents about slowing down
their connection whilst he plays games all day/evening/night.
Old March 15th 18, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB[_2_]

On 14/03/2018 22:49, MB wrote:
And how real users are interested in playing games.* Read like someone
who has been getting complaints from their parents about slowing down
their connection whilst he plays games all day/evening/night.

Should have read "How MANY real users are interested in playing games ..."?