Continued BT YAHOO! shambolics.

Old April 19th 18, 12:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Continued BT YAHOO! shambolics.

increasingly frequent paralysis at bt YAHOO! servers, with up to day long lock outs to all devices and only web mail.

After 12 hours off on IMAP / POP3, today web mail gave spurious "login attempts exceeded" on first try, although the servers have started working again (but for how long?).

WHEN oh when are BT going to get rid of 'joke' Yahoo!?
Old April 19th 18, 06:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_2_]

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
increasingly frequent paralysis at bt YAHOO! servers, with up to day long lock outs to all devices and only web mail.

After 12 hours off on IMAP / POP3, today web mail gave spurious "login attempts exceeded" on first try, although the servers have started working again (but for how long?).

WHEN oh when are BT going to get rid of 'joke' Yahoo!?

You know the solution is to change email provider.

This will mean getting your own domain name. I know there will be some
inconvenience - that of telling all your contacts your new email
address, but this may be the price you have to pay to get a reliable
email system. Think of all that spam that you will no longer receive!

--
Graham J

Old April 19th 18, 08:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Graham J wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:
increasingly frequent paralysis at bt YAHOO! servers, with up to day
long lock outs to all devices and only web mail.

After 12 hours off on IMAP / POP3, today web mail gave spurious "login
attempts exceeded" on first try, although the servers have started
working again (but for how long?).

WHEN oh when are BT going to get rid of 'joke' Yahoo!?

You know the solution is to change email provider.

+1 Yahoo is in terminal decline. Email is not important to ISPs so there's
no point waiting for BT to do anything about it.

Old April 19th 18, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 07:22:41 -0000 (UTC), just as I was about to take
a herb, Chris disturbed my reverie and wrote:

+1 Yahoo is in terminal decline. Email is not important to ISPs so there's
no point waiting for BT to do anything about it.

For the past couple of days the Yahoo Groups has been throwing up
errors. No wonder there has been a lemmings-like rush to groups.io.
--
Cheers,

DrT

"If you want to find out what is wrong
with democracy, spend five minutes with
the average voter." - Winston Churchill
Old April 19th 18, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB[_2_]

On 19/04/2018 08:22, Chris wrote:
+1 Yahoo is in terminal decline. Email is not important to ISPs so there's
no point waiting for BT to do anything about it.

I can remember years ago, someone on the radio getting very excited
about all the things that Farcebook can do and how his family used it.
One was "we can send messages to each other". I do often get the
impression that some people only think in terms of the dreaded "social
media".

Old April 19th 18, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael R N Dolbear

"Graham J" wrote

WHEN oh when are BT going to get rid of 'joke' Yahoo!?

You know the solution is to change email provider.

This will mean getting your own domain name. I know there will be some

inconvenience - that of telling all your contacts your new email
address, but this may be the price you have to pay to get a reliable
email system. Think of all that spam that you will no longer receive!

Just get a backup provider, say gmx.com or gmx.co.uk

--
Mike D
Old April 19th 18, 07:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tweed[_2_]

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
increasingly frequent paralysis at bt YAHOO! servers, with up to day long
lock outs to all devices and only web mail.

After 12 hours off on IMAP / POP3, today web mail gave spurious "login
attempts exceeded" on first try, although the servers have started
working again (but for how long?).

WHEN oh when are BT going to get rid of 'joke' Yahoo!?

Why do you continue to use it? Find another supplier, preferably one you
have to pay for. (you don't get anything decent for nothing). Set up an out
of office on Yahoo informing people where you've gone. Those that really
want to contact you will make the effort. Loads of spam will vanish.

Old April 19th 18, 08:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Thursday, 19 April 2018 19:49:25 UTC+1, Tweed wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:
increasingly frequent paralysis at bt YAHOO! servers, with up to day long
lock outs to all devices and only web mail.

After 12 hours off on IMAP / POP3, today web mail gave spurious "login
attempts exceeded" on first try, although the servers have started
working again (but for how long?).

WHEN oh when are BT going to get rid of 'joke' Yahoo!?

Why do you continue to use it? Find another supplier, preferably one you
have to pay for. (you don't get anything decent for nothing). Set up an out
of office on Yahoo informing people where you've gone. Those that really
want to contact you will make the effort. Loads of spam will vanish.

I do pay BT and they hiked the price to keep one's email going last year :-(
Old April 20th 18, 08:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
increasingly frequent paralysis at bt YAHOO! servers, with up to day long
lock outs to all devices and only web mail.

After 12 hours off on IMAP / POP3, today web mail gave spurious "login
attempts exceeded" on first try, although the servers have started
working again (but for how long?).

WHEN oh when are BT going to get rid of 'joke' Yahoo!?

Why do you continue to use it? Find another supplier, preferably one you
have to pay for. (you don't get anything decent for nothing). Set up an out
of office on Yahoo informing people where you've gone. Those that really
want to contact you will make the effort. Loads of spam will vanish.

I do pay BT and they hiked the price to keep one's email going last year :-(

Complain to them? Trading standards? Withhold payment?

Old April 21st 18, 08:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bert

In article , Michael R N Dolbear
writes

"Graham J" wrote
WHEN oh when are BT going to get rid of 'joke' Yahoo!?

You know the solution is to change email provider.

This will mean getting your own domain name. I know there will be
some

inconvenience - that of telling all your contacts your new email
address, but this may be the price you have to pay to get a reliable
email system. Think of all that spam that you will no longer receive!

Just get a backup provider, say gmx.com or gmx.co.uk

Or even a just a gmail account which will poll our btYahoo account and
collect the mail for you. So over a period of time your correspondents
will switch over.
--
bert