Talk talk customer service

Old April 23rd 18, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim+[_2_]

Default Talk talk customer service

Had a mixed experience with TT today.

My mother has her phone line and BB with them and has had so for many
years.

A couple of weeks ago when visiting we realised that the BB wasn't working.
As we had a spare router at her house we tried that (after doing all the
usual checks) but it was clear that there was an upstream problem. On
checking on Downdetector we saw that there was a Talktalk problem in many
areas of Glasgow so we assumed it would sort itself and left things as they
were. Phone line was fine with no crackles etc.

A week later we found that it *still* wasn't working but pressure of time
meant that I didn't have time to investigate until today. Fortunately my
mother is a very light user. To be honest the BB is mostly for family to
use when visiting and staying over.

Anyway, today I plugged into the master socket, fitted a new filter and
also put on a spare new modem cable (just to eliminate all possible “in
house” faults in preparation for a battle with TT customer service.

After working my way through the automated answering service and was
(automatically) told that there was a problem with my service and that they
would perform some tests and text me with the results.

10 minutes later I got a text saying that no fault could be found on our
line. Fortunately, their tests seemed to “reboot” something somewhere and
BB was restored.

I foolishly tried t contact them for more details and to explain that there
*had* been a fault but that quickly descended into farce so I gave up on
that.

So, good service regarding sorting the fault, just a shame that
communication thereafter was a shambles.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old April 24th 18, 01:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yellow[_2_]

On 23 Apr 2018 15:34:25 GMT, Tim+ posted:

[...]

We had a similarly odd experience with an intermittent phone fault on my
mother's line.

It had been going on for a couple of months when I bit the bullet and
reported it to TalkTalk who sent a bod a couple of days later to have a
look. He experienced the fault - the phone line would squeal and hang up
- but none of his kit could detect any fault at all.

He escalated it to Open Reach who sent a bod a week later.

The morning of that visit, I arrived and checked the phone line to find
the fault had gone.

The Open Reach guy arrived and I explained the fault seemed to have been
fixed but he had no information to say it had. So he changed the master
socket and did another complete test and again, no fault was found.

Off he went and that was the end of it and 6 months on the phone line is
still fine. The broadband, which was not affected by this fault, is also
fine

Weird, but I just take the view that all's well that ends well.