Too quiet when using VOIP

Old May 6th 18, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Murmansk

Default Too quiet when using VOIP

I have a Sipgate line that I use at home using a Cisco ATA connected to some cordless phones and it works fine

Incoming calls also go to my Android mobile phone on which I have installed CSip Simple.

The problem is that when a call comes in on the mobile the volume is not very loud (in the earpiece speaker) and I can't make it any louder using the phone's volume control - also people at the other end of the call say they can't hear me very well either.

Normal mobile network calls on the mobile phone are fine so it's something to do with Sipgate/CSip Simple and I'm wondering if I could make any adjustments to increase the volume both for me and my callers?

Thanks
Old May 6th 18, 10:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

"Murmansk" wrote in message
I have a Sipgate line that I use at home using a Cisco ATA connected
to some cordless phones and it works fine

Incoming calls also go to my Android mobile phone on which I have
installed CSip Simple.

The problem is that when a call comes in on the mobile the volume is
not very loud (in the earpiece speaker) and I can't make it any
louder using the phone's volume control - also people at the other
end of the call say they can't hear me very well either.

Normal mobile network calls on the mobile phone are fine so it's
something to do with Sipgate/CSip Simple and I'm wondering if I
could make any adjustments to increase the volume both for me and my
callers?

Thanks

Dial 10005 to do an echo call test. This may help show whether the
issue is the system or your phone.

Download (free) Sipdroid or Zoiper and try running them on your phone
to see if it is any different - again call 10005.

If you have a laptop try downloading Phonerlite and set it up to run
on Sipgate and see if that is any different.

Finally I note you are running DECT phones through a Cisco ATA
(presumably a PAPT2?) If you have both the ATA and your phone working
at the same time it could be confusing the system. You haven't
mentioned audio on the DECT phones so presumably they are OK. I would
suggest you disconnect the ATA from your network and then try a call
on your mobile to see if it makes any difference.

One final thought: does you phone have the Sipgate stun server active?
If not try loading it as
stun.sipgate.net
and the port as 3478
in the appropriate boxes. If you are using NAT on your router (which
by default you will be) then the phone should work better. You should
also have the same setting in your ATA.

After that it must be down to something in your phone audio settings.
I use both Sipdroid and CSipSImple on both my mobile and a tablet (I
have two lines from different providers) and both work perfectly.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old May 6th 18, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

I have a Sipgate line that I use at home using a Cisco ATA connected to some cordless phones and it works fine

Incoming calls also go to my Android mobile phone on which I have installed CSip Simple.

The problem is that when a call comes in on the mobile the volume is not very loud (in the earpiece speaker) and I can't make it any louder using the phone's volume control - also people at the other end of the call say they can't hear me very well either.

Normal mobile network calls on the mobile phone are fine so it's something to do with Sipgate/CSip Simple and I'm wondering if I could make any adjustments to increase the volume both for me and my callers?

Thanks

Perhaps it's version spacific, but on my Android phone with
CSipSimple:-

Whislt a call is in progress touch the three dots at the bottom right.
Touch "Media".
You should now see app spacific sliders for volume and mic gain.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old May 7th 18, 07:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

"Graham." wrote in message
[...]

Following my mail last might I went digging in my phone and found it
too had level adjustment in CSipSimple but it is called audio streams
for some strange reason. Sip to which I also referred has specific
earpiece audio and microphone sensitivity settings.

HATH.

Old May 7th 18, 07:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Murmansk

Thanks very much for those comprehensive answers which have given me plenty of leads to follow
Old May 7th 18, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Sunday, 6 May 2018 20:29:48 UTC+1, Murmansk wrote:
I have a Sipgate line that I use at home using a Cisco ATA connected to some cordless phones and it works fine

Incoming calls also go to my Android mobile phone on which I have installed CSip Simple.

The problem is that when a call comes in on the mobile the volume is not very loud (in the earpiece speaker) and I can't make it any louder using the phone's volume control - also people at the other end of the call say they can't hear me very well either.

Normal mobile network calls on the mobile phone are fine so it's something to do with Sipgate/CSip Simple and I'm wondering if I could make any adjustments to increase the volume both for me and my callers?

Thanks

Zoiper works fine on our Samsung and Acer phones, although Voip runs native in my ealrier Nokia N79 and N8 and Samsung Galaxy S8.

Is there a volume adjustment hidden away in the settings of the app'?