Ping Bob Pullen? WTF is the email address for Plusnet sales??

Old June 8th 18, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

Default Ping Bob Pullen? WTF is the email address for Plusnet sales??

I've just had a sales email - I left Plusnet a year ago. And I am
thinking about changing. The thing is I left because FTTP wasn't an
option, except as a trial. And I can't see anything on the website that
would (a) let me know what the position is now or (b) would have an
email address so I could ask. They say you can do it via online chat.
Which is not available...

The web site packages talk about fibre and "up to" speeds. Which suggest
to me they aren't fibre at all, in the usual business ... err ... mendacity.

Andy
Old June 8th 18, 09:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 07/06/2018 23:07, Vir Campestris wrote:
I've just had a sales email - I left Plusnet a year ago. And I am
thinking about changing. The thing is I left because FTTP wasn't an
option, except as a trial.

That's still the situation I think, and the trial is only open to
existing customers, which as my son discovered recently moving into a
new build home with BT Openreach FTTP (and no copper) meant there was no
way to use Plusnet.

--
Mark
Old June 8th 18, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Vir Campestris wrote:
I've just had a sales email - I left Plusnet a year ago. And I am
thinking about changing. The thing is I left because FTTP wasn't an
option, except as a trial. And I can't see anything on the website that
would (a) let me know what the position is now or (b) would have an
email address so I could ask. They say you can do it via online chat.
Which is not available...

Try this site. It'll tell what services (ADSL, FTTC or FTTP) and speeds are
available on your line.

The web site packages talk about fibre and "up to" speeds. Which suggest
to me they aren't fibre at all, in the usual business ... err ... mendacity.

That's standard nomenclature for all service types. ISPs are only allowed
to quote speeds available to 80% of their customers. Or something like
that...

Btw the number for Plusnet is: 08004320200

Old June 8th 18, 07:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Chris wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:
I've just had a sales email - I left Plusnet a year ago. And I am
thinking about changing. The thing is I left because FTTP wasn't an
option, except as a trial. And I can't see anything on the website that
would (a) let me know what the position is now or (b) would have an
email address so I could ask. They say you can do it via online chat.
Which is not available...

Try this site. It'll tell what services (ADSL, FTTC or FTTP) and speeds are
available on your line.

A link might have been useful...
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Old June 8th 18, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Chris" wrote in message
news
Chris wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:
I've just had a sales email - I left Plusnet a year ago. And I am
thinking about changing. The thing is I left because FTTP wasn't
an
option, except as a trial. And I can't see anything on the website
that
would (a) let me know what the position is now or (b) would have
an
email address so I could ask. They say you can do it via online
chat.
Which is not available...

Try this site. It'll tell what services (ADSL, FTTC or FTTP) and
speeds are
available on your line.

A link might have been useful...
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

This is just a slightly different version of dslchecker.bt.com which
has been around for years.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old June 8th 18, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

On 08/06/2018 08:18, Chris wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:
I've just had a sales email - I left Plusnet a year ago. And I am
thinking about changing. The thing is I left because FTTP wasn't an
option, except as a trial. And I can't see anything on the website that
would (a) let me know what the position is now or (b) would have an
email address so I could ask. They say you can do it via online chat.
Which is not available...

Try this site. It'll tell what services (ADSL, FTTC or FTTP) and speeds are
available on your line.

Even given the link it's not that useful to me. I have an _existing_
FTTP connection, through BT as I thought they (1) would screw up the
install - which they did.

A year on I can now dump BT. The fibre, incidentally, has been
faultless. Even through a different bit of BT..

The web site packages talk about fibre and "up to" speeds. Which suggest
to me they aren't fibre at all, in the usual business ... err ... mendacity.

That's standard nomenclature for all service types. ISPs are only allowed
to quote speeds available to 80% of their customers. Or something like
that...

On FTTP you get the speed you ask for. There is no loss of speed with
distance. I can't really justify 300Mb...

Btw the number for Plusnet is: 08004320200

Yes, but I want to send an email.

Andy

--
(1), OK, so my contract is with BT retail, and it was BT Openreach that
wouldn't know a deadline if it bit them, but still...
Old June 11th 18, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 07/06/2018 23:07, Vir Campestris wrote:
I've just had a sales email - I left Plusnet a year ago. And I am
thinking about changing. The thing is I left because FTTP wasn't an
option, except as a trial. And I can't see anything on the website that
would (a) let me know what the position is now or (b) would have an
email address so I could ask. They say you can do it via online chat.
Which is not available...

(a) The situation remains unchanged. We offer FTTP where a customer has
an existing relationship with us (or moves to an area without copper)
but it's provisioned at FTTC speeds i.e. in 40/10 or 80/20 flavours.

(b) We don't have an email address. Chat not being available /might/ be
something to do with a browser extension/cookie suppression or similar
e.g. I have to disable uBlock Origin to get the chat buttons to
'un-grey' themselves.

The web site packages talk about fibre and "up to" speeds. Which suggest
to me they aren't fibre at all, in the usual business ... err ...
mendacity.

The higher speed advertised products are all FTTC.

Old June 16th 18, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

On 11/06/2018 16:28, Plusnet Support Team wrote:
[...]

OK, thanks Bob.

We've got ADSL, but at single-digit-megabit rate. I want to rip the
copper out - but it hasn't gone yet, so I wouldn't qualify as FTTP only.

Andy
Old June 16th 18, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Vir Campestris wrote:
[...]

I was on 4.5 meg ADSL, which is now 33 meg on the 40/10 Plusnet FTTC
package. I could get more on the 80/20.

Old June 16th 18, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Chris wrote:

33 meg on the 40/10 Plusnet FTTC
package. I could get more on the 80/20.