A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) (uk.telecom.voip) Discussion of topics relevant to packet based voice technologies including Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN) as well as service providers, hardware and software for use with these technologies. Advertising is not allowed.

Looking for replacement for Gigaset C475IP + 6 handsets



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 28th 18, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Green
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 169
Default Looking for replacement for Gigaset C475IP + 6 handsets

Our long serving C475IP and a rather eclectic mix of handsets is
beginning to get rather quirky and unreliable so I'm looking for a
replacement.

We don't need anything fancy, just 6 DECT handsets, and a base
station with POTS and VOIP. We don't *really* even need an answer
machine with it.

So what's the current 'best buy' in this sort of thing?

--
Chris Green

  #2  
Old June 28th 18, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 68
Default Looking for replacement for Gigaset C475IP + 6 handsets

Chris Green wrote:
Our long serving C475IP and a rather eclectic mix of handsets is
beginning to get rather quirky and unreliable so I'm looking for a
replacement.

We don't need anything fancy, just 6 DECT handsets, and a base
station with POTS and VOIP. We don't *really* even need an answer
machine with it.

So what's the current 'best buy' in this sort of thing?


If you want to stay Gigaset, look at the N300(A) and N510 VOIP DECT bases.

You might be able to reuse your existing handsets, otherwise go he
http://www.gigaset.com/en_en/cms/sta...l#product1=608
and pick handsets with the most compatible features.

You might find it's cheaper to buy them as regular DECT handsets (including
PSTN DECT base) than to buy the handsets separately. You can just use
that as a charger once you've registered them against the VOIP base.

Theo
  #3  
Old June 29th 18, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 550
Default Looking for replacement for Gigaset C475IP + 6 handsets

On Thursday, 28 June 2018 22:48:06 UTC+1, Theo wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
Our long serving C475IP and a rather eclectic mix of handsets is
beginning to get rather quirky and unreliable so I'm looking for a
replacement.

We don't need anything fancy, just 6 DECT handsets, and a base
station with POTS and VOIP. We don't *really* even need an answer
machine with it.

So what's the current 'best buy' in this sort of thing?


If you want to stay Gigaset, look at the N300(A) and N510 VOIP DECT bases.


N300 gives 3 Voip plus POTS, N510 gives only 4 Voip. IIRC the (A) means the box incorporates a TAM.


You might be able to reuse your existing handsets, otherwise go he
http://www.gigaset.com/en_en/cms/sta...l#product1=608
and pick handsets with the most compatible features.


Loads of Gigaset handsets to choose from from dirt cheap to fully featured.


You might find it's cheaper to buy them as regular DECT handsets (including
PSTN DECT base) than to buy the handsets separately. You can just use
that as a charger once you've registered them against the VOIP base.

Theo


  #4  
Old July 2nd 18, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 141
Default Looking for replacement for Gigaset C475IP + 6 handsets

On 29/06/2018 11:23, Anthony R. Gold wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 02:13:06 -0700 (PDT), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

N300 gives 3 Voip plus POTS, N510 gives only 4 Voip. IIRC the (A) means the box incorporates a TAM.


My Gigaset N300 IP and N300A IP support six VOIP accounts.


How about the Yealink W60p http://www.yealink.co.uk/W60P-DECT you'll need a SPA3102 for the pots though ...

Dave.
  #5  
Old July 3rd 18, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 550
Default Looking for replacement for Gigaset C475IP + 6 handsets

On Monday, 2 July 2018 13:57:04 UTC+1, Dave wrote:
On 29/06/2018 11:23, Anthony R. Gold wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 02:13:06 -0700 (PDT), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

N300 gives 3 Voip plus POTS, N510 gives only 4 Voip. IIRC the (A) means the box incorporates a TAM.


My Gigaset N300 IP and N300A IP support six VOIP accounts.


C450 and 460IP - one POTS and one Voip call simultaneously - one Voip account
C475IP - one POTS and two Voip calls simultaneously - six Voip accounts

above two superseded by

N300IP - one POTS and three Voip calls simultaneously - six Voip accounts - good for SME
N510 - four Voip calls simultaneously - six Voip accounts, NO POTS - good for phone banks.



How about the Yealink W60p http://www.yealink.co.uk/W60P-DECT you'll need a SPA3102 for the pots though ...

Dave.


 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Siemens Gigaset Ports and also Using Older Handsets Fox uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 4 September 20th 10 07:28 PM
Gigaset C475IP firmware Ian Pawson uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 3 January 19th 09 01:08 PM
Siemans Gigaset Replacement box Number 2.... Still useless. www.GymRatZ.co.uk uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 13 October 25th 08 09:12 PM
Siemens C475IP Tim Bray uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 27 April 30th 08 06:37 PM
A small question about the Siemens C475IP [email protected] uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 2 April 9th 08 07:31 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2018 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.