uk.telecom blocked on google groups

Old July 26th 18, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default uk.telecom blocked on google groups

On Wednesday, 25 July 2018 21:07:38 UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Were there any genuine posters via Google?

Me.

hangs head in shame

Owain

Old July 26th 18, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile
Clive Page

On 24/07/2018 14:55, Graham. wrote:
it appears that uk.telecom has now been blocked on google groups due to all the spam.

Can anyone tell me the date when uk.telecom was formed?

I can't say I'm all that surprised - I unsubscribed some time ago because the pollution became too bad. I have a vague recollection that uk.telecom was one of the earliest Usenet groups I used, if so that was some time around 1985. But I could be wrong.

--
Clive Page
Old July 26th 18, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

On Wednesday, 25 July 2018 21:07:38 UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Were there any genuine posters via Google?

Me.

hangs head in shame

Owain

Christina on the Google help forum has escelated the issue, I have
given that post a "like" "+1" or whatever it's called, I suggest you
all do the same.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uk.telecom

If and when they reinstate the group, it is likley to be "read only"
from Google Groups.
I feel strongly that we should not contest that, and accept it as a
pragmatic solution to the spam originating from organised criminals
that for some unknown reason has picked on uk.telecom
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old July 26th 18, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Burns[_5_]

Graham. wrote:

If and when they reinstate the group, it is likley to be "read only"
from Google Groups.

sounds like win:win
Old July 26th 18, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Geo

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 12:52:18 +0100, Graham.
wrote:

Christina on the Google help forum has escelated the issue, I have
given that post a "like" "+1" or whatever it's called, I suggest you
all do the same.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uk.telecom

Could you give a link to the post - google can't find it...
Old July 26th 18, 04:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 13:21:33 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Graham. wrote:

If and when they reinstate the group, it is likley to be "read only"
from Google Groups.

sounds like win:win

Yup, and that will keep me happy.

--
brightside S9
Old July 26th 18, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

wrote:
Christina on the Google help forum has escelated the issue, I have
given that post a "like" "+1" or whatever it's called, I suggest you
all do the same.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uk.telecom

Could you give a link to the post - google can't find it...

You just quoted the link!
Perhaps you need to log on to the site with a gmail address and password.

--
Usenet Reader for Android
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
Old July 26th 18, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Thursday, 26 July 2018 12:52:15 UTC+1, Graham. wrote:
Christina on the Google help forum has escelated the issue, I have
given that post a "like" "+1" or whatever it's called, I suggest you
all do the same.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uk.telecom

The link to the help forum thread is

https://productforums.google.com/for...ps/aNcX-CWRBhE

A google account may be required to sign in and reply or 'like'.

Thank you

Owain

Old July 26th 18, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham J[_2_]

wrote:
Christina on the Google help forum has escelated the issue, I have
given that post a "like" "+1" or whatever it's called, I suggest you
all do the same.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uk.telecom

Could you give a link to the post - google can't find it...

You just quoted the link!
Perhaps you need to log on to the site with a gmail address and password.

But I don't want my details harvested by Google - so how then do I add
my support ???

--
Graham J

Old July 26th 18, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

wrote:
Christina on the Google help forum has escelated the issue, I have
given that post a "like" "+1" or whatever it's called, I suggest you
all do the same.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uk.telecom

Could you give a link to the post - google can't find it...

You just quoted the link!
Perhaps you need to log on to the site with a gmail address and password.

But I don't want my details harvested by Google - so how then do I add
my support ???

Apologies Geo and Graham J, the link to the forum discussion is
https://productforums.google.com/for...ace=forum/apps
You can read what has been said without logging on, I suggest you
create an anonymous gmail account if you want to post. I also suggest
we are cartful to keep the Google advisors on our side ;-)

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%