uk.telecom blocked on google groups

Old July 27th 18, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default uk.telecom blocked on google groups

On Thursday, 26 July 2018 18:21:13 UTC+1, Graham J wrote:
But I don't want my details harvested by Google - so how then do I add
my support ???

The irony is that we do want our details harvested by Google - at least our Usenet posting ones :-)

Owain

Old July 27th 18, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Thursday, 26 July 2018 18:50:54 UTC+1, Graham. wrote:
cartful

= careful + artful :-)

Owain

Old July 27th 18, 12:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

On Thursday, 26 July 2018 18:21:13 UTC+1, Graham J wrote:
But I don't want my details harvested by Google - so how then do I add
my support ???

The irony is that we do want our details harvested by Google - at least our Usenet posting ones :-)

Owain

I noticed something last night, it seems that all Usenet groups on
Google Groups have a placeholder "Group email" in the form
]
ie. Perhaps that the magic incantation
that Christina wanted to hear?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!aboutgroup/uk.telecom

Anyway, I have emailled Charles Lindsey with this information.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old July 27th 18, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Burns[_5_]

Graham. wrote:

I noticed something last night, it seems that all Usenet groups on
Google Groups have a placeholder "Group email" in the form
]
ie. Perhaps that the magic incantation
that Christina wanted to hear?

So if I email
does it reach the group, I wonder?

Old July 27th 18, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Burns[_5_]

Andy Burns wrote:

Graham. wrote:

I noticed something last night, it seems that all Usenet groups on
Google Groups have a placeholder "Group email" in the form
]

So if I email does it reach the group, I wonder?

Looks like it doesn't, but then the email address I sent from isn't
associated with a google account, let alone having "joined" the google
group.
Old July 27th 18, 01:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

Graham. wrote:

I noticed something last night, it seems that all Usenet groups on
Google Groups have a placeholder "Group email" in the form
]
ie. Perhaps that the magic incantation
that Christina wanted to hear?

So if I email
does it reach the group, I wonder?

That's why I said placeholder, it might just tick the right box within
Google's bureaucracy,

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old July 27th 18, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile
Andy Burns[_5_]

Gareth Babb wrote:

Graham wrote:

I have "tweeted" Peter Gradwell on the basis that he
is the highest profile person I know of connected to uk.telecom
Was he the original proposer?

You are ****ing joking aren't you ? He is but a child.

I get the feeling Gradwell are a mere shadow of what they used to be
(they used to implement novel services, then gradually let them all
slide into legacy status and discontinued them) now I think they're just
another office365 re-seller :-(

Old July 27th 18, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile
Graham.[_3_]

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 14:55:20 +0100, Graham wrote:

In the meantime I have "tweeted" Peter Gradwell on the basis that he
is the highest profile person I know of connected to uk.telecom
Was he the original proposer?

You are ****ing joking aren't you ? He is but a child.

[*]
Sco: -9999
Path:.*\.googlegroups\.com!not-for-mail

Is your friend - has been for me for ages.

I personally am glad Google have done this, and long may it continue - they
need to stop posting to all Usenet groups fullstop.

He was the Proponent of uk.telecom.moderated in 1999
https://ukvoting.org.uk/results/766

I contacted him via Twitter (Do I need to go on?)
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%