VoIP Handset that uses a wi-fi connection rather then wired?.

Old August 21st 18, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

Default VoIP Handset that uses a wi-fi connection rather then wired?.

On 2018-08-16, Chris Green wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 15/08/18 22:56, Chris Green wrote:

The trouble is, in some cases, that the TV or device connected to it
is WiFi only. E.g. the Amazon Fire Stick we have just acquired.

I've always tried to steer clear of wi-fi only devices. I searched for a
long time to find a portable radio that had an Ethernet port, and
finally settled on the Roberts Stream 205. I've had it a few years now,
but it's still going strong on my bedside table.

Well yes, but there's not much choice with something like the Amazon
Fire Stick. I do have internet radios which are hard wired and
FreeView and YouView boxes which are hard wired so have avoided WiFi
in the main.

For this reason I upgraded to the Fire TV recently - complete with the
wired Ethernet add-on, for the main TV. The aging Fire Stick got relegated
to a bedroom TV which happens to be, as straight lines go, extremely close
to the WiFi AP.

Matrix Dial: International Calls - http://www.matrixdial.co.uk/