BT Openreach predicting "In Scope" for FTTP (premises, not cabinet)

Old August 20th 18, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default BT Openreach predicting "In Scope" for FTTP (premises, not cabinet)

On Monday, 20 August 2018 09:32:22 UTC+1, NY wrote:
"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
news
On 19/08/2018 20:55, NY wrote:
If the BT Openreach fibre site
https://www.homeandbusiness.openreac...an-i-get-fibre
for a given address reports a status of "Your area is currently in our
plans to be upgraded with Fibre to the Premises (FTTP)", does that mean
that *only* FTTP (to the premises) will be available, or will FTTC/VDSL
also be available at a cheaper price?

We were "exploring solutions" for 3 years in the trot (and I think more
years before that, but we didn't live here).

It jumped straight to taking orders. When they realised we were about to
do something that wouldn't involve BT.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

I realise that "Exploring solutions" or "In our plans" is a long way from
being able to accept orders.

Same sort of terminology as Hyperoptic - don't hold your breath.

However I was asking more about the mention of FTTP as opposed to FTTC.
If/when the area does get fibre, does the mention of FTTP mean that they
will *only* offer FTTP (at a very high price for a very fast service) or are
BT likely to offer FTTC with VDSL for the final few hundred metres, as a
cheaper and slower service (but still considerably faster than ADSL)?

Should I be worried by that mention of FTTP? Will it mean a choice between a
fast, expensive service (FTTP) or a considerably slower and cheaper service
(ADSL), with no halfway house of FTTC? Or am I reading more into BT ORs
statement than was intended?

Old August 20th 18, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

On 20/08/2018 09:33, NY wrote:

I realise that "Exploring solutions" or "In our plans" is a long way
from being able to accept orders.

However I was asking more about the mention of FTTP as opposed to FTTC.
If/when the area does get fibre, does the mention of FTTP mean that they
will *only* offer FTTP (at a very high price for a very fast service) or
are BT likely to offer FTTC with VDSL for the final few hundred metres,
as a cheaper and slower service (but still considerably faster than ADSL)?

Should I be worried by that mention of FTTP? Will it mean a choice
between a fast, expensive service (FTTP) or a considerably slower and
cheaper service (ADSL), with no halfway house of FTTC? Or am I reading
more into BT ORs statement than was intended?

We've got FTTP, and so have some of the other people in the village.
Where the houses are closer they put in VDSL cabinets, and that's what
people got.

Connecting Cambridgeshire picked up the tab. I pay a VDSL price.

I'm tempted by 330, if nothing else for bragging rights in a computer
company. But I can't honestly justify it!

Oh, (looking down thread) Our HQ is in The Valley. So, San Francisco has
cheaper broadband. But you have to live there. Mile upon mile upon mile
of boring suburbs. All made out of ticky-tacky, and they all look just
the same. Whereas my house is older than their country!

Andy
Old August 20th 18, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MissRiaElaine[_2_]

On 20/08/18 22:51, Vir Campestris wrote:

Oh, (looking down thread) Our HQ is in The Valley. So, San Francisco has
cheaper broadband. But you have to live there. Mile upon mile upon mile
of boring suburbs. All made out of ticky-tacky, and they all look just
the same. Whereas my house is older than their country!

Andy

I quite like San Francisco. I've been around a lot of the States, and
while I don't think I'd want to live there (at least not while the
current incumbent is in the White House), if I *had* to live there, San
Francisco would be the place I'd choose.

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old August 21st 18, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7[_2_]

NY wrote:

If the BT Openreach fibre site
https://www.homeandbusiness.openreac...an-i-get-fibre
for a given address reports a status of "Your area is currently in

our
plans to be upgraded with Fibre to the Premises (FTTP)", does that

mean
that *only* FTTP (to the premises) will be available, or will

FTTC/VDSL
also be available at a cheaper price?

Its a lie normally.

Their trick is to lay 5 or 6 fiber only.
Then they connect up a 50,000+ 'cabinet' whose purpose
is to multiplex phone and Internet on to ONE FIBER.

They then price that fiber at 85,000 + VAT.

The remaining fibers must also be 'worth' 85,000 per link.

The fscking retards in BT (British Telecum) offcum, DCMS
don't know what fiber is or how it is laid.

That is why they have presided over decline of UK from 31 to 35.

These days $2/m for 96 core and dropping. Typically 1.5"
cable with 3456 core fiber is what should be being laid down.
At a fee of 150 per install and 30/m, instant profit by year 2!!

All the fiber companies put in thousands of fibers per run,
one for each house and spares.

While shiitt for telecum cumpanies like BT, Openroach, Offcum
and DCMS shiite themselves when they install 5 to 6 core cable.

There is talk now that they will be remembered forever as
the shiiiteiiesst fsckers in the whooole wide world
for the story of Internet.