New entrant to FTTP market

Old August 20th 18, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default New entrant to FTTP market

See: -

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...-homes-by-2020

Note the remarks about possible VOIP lock in towards the end.
Old August 20th 18, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MissRiaElaine[_2_]

On 20/08/18 17:40, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
See: -

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...-homes-by-2020

Note the remarks about possible VOIP lock in towards the end.

Indeed. Not what you want to hear...

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old August 20th 18, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.[_3_]

See: -

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...-homes-by-2020

Note the remarks about possible VOIP lock in towards the end.

Which I fail to understand. Isn't what's proposed the normal default
position everywhere, outside countries like PRC and North Korea?

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old August 20th 18, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.[_3_]

On 20/08/18 17:40, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
See: -

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...-homes-by-2020

Note the remarks about possible VOIP lock in towards the end.

Indeed. Not what you want to hear...

I've posted a comment on the site.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old August 20th 18, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MissRiaElaine[_2_]

On 20/08/18 20:02, Graham. wrote:
See: -

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...-homes-by-2020

Note the remarks about possible VOIP lock in towards the end.

Which I fail to understand. Isn't what's proposed the normal default
position everywhere, outside countries like PRC and North Korea?

So not having a choice as to which VoIP service you use is the normal
default then, is it..? Not sure I like the idea of all my Sipgate and
Gradwell numbers disappearing up the proverbial exhaust pipe.

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old August 20th 18, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Monday, 20 August 2018 20:02:09 UTC+1, Graham. wrote:
See: -

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...-homes-by-2020

Note the remarks about possible VOIP lock in towards the end.

Which I fail to understand. Isn't what's proposed the normal default
position everywhere, outside countries like PRC and North Korea?

Not on BT for sure. not most other UK ISP's either I believe.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old August 20th 18, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.[_3_]

On 20/08/18 20:02, Graham. wrote:
See: -

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...-homes-by-2020

Note the remarks about possible VOIP lock in towards the end.

Which I fail to understand. Isn't what's proposed the normal default
position everywhere, outside countries like PRC and North Korea?

So not having a choice as to which VoIP service you use is the normal
default then, is it..? Not sure I like the idea of all my Sipgate and
Gradwell numbers disappearing up the proverbial exhaust pipe.

I had to read it a few times to see what thet were saying.

It's like btinternet giving you BT BBV at landline rates, and then
blocking third-party VoIP. At least BT didn't do the last bit.

Their customers said Wow, a free second phone line, the poor darlings
had no idea what real VoIP was about.

They soon killed off domestic BT BBV.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old August 20th 18, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.[_3_]

On Monday, 20 August 2018 20:02:09 UTC+1, Graham. wrote:
See: -

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...-homes-by-2020

Note the remarks about possible VOIP lock in towards the end.

Which I fail to understand. Isn't what's proposed the normal default
position everywhere, outside countries like PRC and North Korea?

Not on BT for sure. not most other UK ISP's either I believe.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Forgive me, at first reading it was ambiguous "This is a real neutral,
access-for-all platform" crap.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old August 21st 18, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7[_2_]

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

See: -

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...-homes-by-2020

Note the remarks about possible VOIP lock in towards the end.

Voice has nothing to do with Internet provision.

A classic mistake made by phon cumpanies and cable cumpanies
and their trolls.

Internet has numerous VOIP service providers. e.g. Localphone.
They just need internet connection and are much cheaper therefore
from BT (British Telecum) VM and all other phon cumpanies
and cable cumpanies and their over priced crap phon services.

Old August 21st 18, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Tuesday, 21 August 2018 00:27:22 UTC+1, 7 wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

See: -

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...-homes-by-2020

Note the remarks about possible VOIP lock in towards the end.

Voice has nothing to do with Internet provision.

A classic mistake made by phon cumpanies and cable cumpanies
and their trolls.

Internet has numerous VOIP service providers. e.g. Localphone.
They just need internet connection and are much cheaper therefore
from BT (British Telecum) VM and all other phon cumpanies
and cable cumpanies and their over priced crap phon services.

Read the article - you will be locked to theirs. OK techies will easily work round that, but it is a lock in and probably a rip off.