Plusnet billing failures

Old September 12th 18, 12:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 28 + on desktop

Default Plusnet billing failures

Flyig u 28 + on desktop wrote:
Clive Page wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

I've just checked mine. Usually I get emailed withi 5 days of the
1st of the month and the the money is paid on around the 4th of the
month. So far, no email and my account hasn't been debited. I
suppose I ought to contact them in the morning.

I went through that process yesterday and it took for ages. If you
don't have unlimited free calls on your 'phone, be warned the waiting
time to get to a human being may well take hour or more. The guy I
talked to did all the checks, and insisted that my account was
debited on the 31st August this time (as with you I'm usually debited
on 4th of the following month. I've double checked my back account
and the money has definitely not been taken from there. The last
payment I have made was on 4th August. The PN guy double checked
again and insisted that I owed them nothing and am currently up to
date. Makes me wonder which John Doe is paying for my PN BB then.

At last PN took the money from my account yesterday, just 1 week later
than ever before. T'was a long hiccup they just had!!
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter
FN 28+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

Old October 1st 18, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Perkins

On 07/09/2018 18:19, Clive Page wrote:
Plusnet have changed their billing system and sent me two emails, first
to say that this months bill would be delayed, and later to say that it
was available.* But the usual web links to billing simply don't work,
bringing up all sorts of error messages.** Don't they test new systems
at all?** Or maybe they have hired the same IT bunch as TSB?

There are scores of postings on the forum complaining about the same thing.

If you try to contact them via webchat, despite the hours being posted
as 7.30 am to 10pm seven days a week and it currently being just after
6pm, the message says the customer service team are currently offline.
Hopeless.

It is still hopeless.

Can't download invoices from the billing area (nothing works at all with
Firefox)
Chat doesn't work
60 minutes to wait for support

I cannot believe this is still a mess after a month.

Mr Baker (the CEO) should be comforting himself for destroying the
reputation of an otherwise good service.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd
Old October 2nd 18, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Mills

On 01/10/2018 13:51, Mike Perkins wrote:
[...]

I did manage to have an online chat session the other day to sort out
why I didn't get any referral credit last month. They blamed the new
billing system, and have allegedly applied some credit to my account, to
compensate. I saved a transcript of the chat, and the timestamp on that
was 3 hours adrift (they said it was 11pm when it was actually 8pm).
Don't know whether that might explain why they appear to shut down early
some days?!
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old October 19th 18, 10:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive Page

On 02/10/2018 17:35, Roger Mills wrote:
I did manage to have an online chat session the other day to sort out why I didn't get any referral credit last month. They blamed the new billing system, and have allegedly applied some credit to my account, to compensate.

I thought that the online chat system had been suspended since they so inadvisedly "updated" the billing system? So you were lucky to find it.

The system seems not to have improved much over the last month, but the two bills I've had seem to be correct (unlike some others reporting on their Forum). Their programmers seem to be pretty stupid: one of the problems lots of us get is that when you click on "download your bill" it produces a file called $STANDARD with no file extension. So a PDF reader doesn't get invoked. If you manually change the filename so it has .pdf at the end, then it works ok. It beats me how any programmer could do anything so dumb?

--
Clive Page