TalkTalk modems

Old September 26th 18, 12:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

Default TalkTalk modems

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 21:51:13 +0100
Old Codger wrote:

On 23/09/2018 21:07, Mark Carver wrote:
On 23/09/2018 20:15, Old Codger wrote:
On 23/09/2018 15:42, Mark Carver wrote:
On 22/09/2018 22:08, Old Codger wrote:

That is where Zen is good.* If you tell them you have done
something they accept it.* Also their support staff are in
Sheffield and speak English.

Zen are in Rochdale, it's Plusnet who are Sheffield (But your
point is 100% valid)

Oops, should have got that right.* I knew they were oop north
though.

I moved from Plusnet to Zen and found them, noticeably better.
This was some time ago so perhaps Plusnet have improved since
then.

Forget trying to ring PlusNet these days, but if you make contact
with one of their support staff through their community forum, you
get first class service.

You get first class service from Zen however you contact them, but it
is rare to need to contact them.

I had to contact them recently, and the service was indeed first class.

--
Davey.

Old September 26th 18, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 25/09/2018 21:51, Old Codger wrote:
On 23/09/2018 21:07, Mark Carver wrote:

I moved from Plusnet to Zen and found them, noticeably better.* This
was some time ago so perhaps Plusnet have improved since then.

Forget trying to ring PlusNet these days, but if you make contact with
one of their support staff through their community forum, you get
first class service.

You get first class service from Zen however you contact them, but it is
rare to need to contact them.

Indeed, I know, but it's not a level playing field, they are more
expensive than PN, so you pays yer money, .......

--
Mark
Old September 26th 18, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 18:51:00 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Graham. disturbed my reverie and wrote:

For that example to work you would have to register rubbish.co.uk

Actually no. I register the whole domain (which is the whole point)
and put the site online. I then notify the other party that
www.talk-talk-is-rubbish.co.uk is live with my story and that I am
willing to put the URL in all my NG and email sigs.
--
Cheers,

DrT

"If you want to find out what is wrong
with democracy, spend five minutes with
the average voter". - Winston Churchill
Old September 26th 18, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger[_3_]

On 26/09/2018 08:04, Mark Carver wrote:
On 25/09/2018 21:51, Old Codger wrote:
On 23/09/2018 21:07, Mark Carver wrote:

I moved from Plusnet to Zen and found them, noticeably better.* This
was some time ago so perhaps Plusnet have improved since then.

Forget trying to ring PlusNet these days, but if you make contact
with one of their support staff through their community forum, you
get first class service.

You get first class service from Zen however you contact them, but it
is rare to need to contact them.

Indeed, I know, but it's not a level playing field, they are more
expensive than PN, so you pays yer money, .......

Indeed, but IMHO well worth the extra

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field