Openreach outage

Old September 29th 18, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill Ward

Default Openreach outage

Is there any way to find out when one has a problem in their area ?
Our fibre broadband (in BN21) was down from about 5am to around 10pm on
Wednesday.I had gone through all the usual checks before contacting my
ISP at 5.30pm who went through them again. He then contacted his
supervisor who told him of the outage and said that most users were back
on line at 5pm but that there were still some areas that were not.
Should one ask for a days rebate when this happens?
Bill.
Old September 30th 18, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB[_2_]

On 29/09/2018 22:27, Bill Ward wrote:
Is there any way to find out when one has a problem in their area ?
Our fibre broadband (in BN21) was down from about 5am to around 10pm on
Wednesday.I had gone through all the usual checks before contacting my
ISP at 5.30pm who went through them again. He then contacted his
supervisor who told him of the outage and said that most users were back
on line at 5pm but that there were still some areas that were not.
Should one ask for a days rebate when this happens?
Bill.

There is a status page somewhere that lists ongoing and historic faults.

Several other ISPs also have status pages and as they mostly ely on BT,
it gives an idea of any problems.

I usually find the best thing to do is to ring up friends on BT Internet
and ask if they have any problems. If not then connect to the BT
Community Forums (via 4G) and ask there.

Old September 30th 18, 09:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 00:27:29 +0100, MB wrote:

[...]

This might help -

https://downdetector.co.uk/

Rod.

---

Old September 30th 18, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd

Is there any way to find out when one has a problem in their area

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

Broadband and phone, we notice the latter less often but it does happen.

Angus