VDSL VLAN tag question

Old November 4th 18, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Default VDSL VLAN tag question

Alfred wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

option ifname 'dsl0.101'

I assume that you are using the internal modem

That's right, HH5a as a combined modem/router/firewall/access point,
running openWRT.

Same as my reply to Graham J, if you're using a separate modem, I
wouldn't expect your router to have to deal with the VLAN tag, the modem
will see that on its WAN side and strip it from the LAN side.
Old November 4th 18, 07:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

On 03/11/2018 17:58, Java Jive wrote:

It's been quite a while since I last tried to set this up, and then
couldn't get it to work, and, although I now think I know what went
wrong* -* if you set a VLAN tag on one SSID you have to set them on *all*

Yes, the manual is ambiguous, but when later I contacted DV support,
this was what I was told, and I can now confirm it works, using the
following settings on a DV2830n:

LAN, VLAN
Enable
Distribute the SSIDs around the VLANs as required, an obvious sort of
arrangement being:
VLAN SSID Subnet Tags: Enable VID Priority
0 1 LAN1 Y 100 0
1 2 LAN2 Y 110 1
2 3 LAN3 Y 120 2
3 4 LAN4 Y 130 3
Note: According to DV support:
*Highest* priority is 0
*Lowest* priority is 7

LAN, General Setup, Status
LANs 2 and beyond only become enabled once VLANs have been enabled
above. Use the Status column to enable the LAN numbers (subnets) that
you wish to have working.

Wireless LAN, General Setup
Check the Enable column and enter a SSID for those LAN #s/subnets that
you have enabled by the combination of settings above.