SOT -

Old December 3rd 18, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Henson[_2_]

Default SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

Graham. wrote:

Graham. wrote:

I was wondering if we ever met Bob, where was your shop?

I did installations for John Richardson's / Cegedim Rx between 1990
and 2015, (with two or three hiatuses).

Normal Bell Chemists, Church Street, Tetbury from 1984 to 1998 and then
within the Docs Surgery on Long Street to 2007. Then we sold out to Assura
for whom I worked for a couple of years, then retired in 2010. I started
off with a system from a Liverpool firm (Parkers?) running on Amstrads,
then I wrote my own software in QuickBasic and then switched to using Mike
Hadley's (Hadley Hutt) system when it all got too involved for me to keep
up with software developments. I think we used Cegedim with Assura.

I don't think I ever went to Tetbury, but one of the outfits I worked
for who did the installations and hardware support for Richardson /
NDC, had its HO in Gloucester.

Maybe Badham's?

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. - Mark
Twain
Old December 9th 18, 02:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Recliner[_3_]

MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 28/11/2018 15:15, Bob Henson wrote:

They don't have a choice - they cannot accept the faxed signature. I don't
know what they do do, but they cannot fax prescriptions. They might fax a
copy to be dispensed and then not released until later AFTER they have
received a legal prescription but that would just be a waste of time and
effort.

I don't know about that, next time we're in there I'll ask, but use fax
for sending prescriptions they certainly do.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46497526

Old December 9th 18, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MissRiaElaine[_2_]

On 09/12/2018 01:21, Recliner wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46497526

That's just England, we do things differently up here..!

I love faxes, the problem is nobody sends me any these days :-(

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old December 9th 18, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NY

"MissRiaElaine" wrote in message
On 09/12/2018 01:21, Recliner wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46497526

That's just England, we do things differently up here..!

I love faxes, the problem is nobody sends me any these days :-(

I can't remember the last time I saw a fax *machine* being used for
sending/receiving faxes.

I used to "print" documents to Windows Fax Service which used my dial-up/fax
modem. For receiving, my ISP used to provide a fax number that was different
for each of their customers; faxes sent to that number automatically sent me
an email with the pages of the fax added as JPG file attachments.

Old December 9th 18, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB[_2_]

On 09/12/2018 12:24, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 09/12/2018 01:21, Recliner wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46497526

That's just England, we do things differently up here..!

I love faxes, the problem is nobody sends me any these days :-(

It was NHS Scotland that surprised me by having no electronic way of
sending a prescription form to the chemist and relying on someone
picking up in person. Perhaps they could do with some FAX machines!
Old December 9th 18, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MissRiaElaine[_2_]

On 09/12/2018 12:41, NY wrote:

I can't remember the last time I saw a fax *machine* being used for
sending/receiving faxes.

I used to "print" documents to Windows Fax Service which used my
dial-up/fax modem. For receiving, my ISP used to provide a fax number
that was different for each of their customers; faxes sent to that
number automatically sent me an email with the pages of the fax added as
JPG file attachments.

We have a multi-function printer (Samsung CLX-6260FW) which has a
dedicated landline connection for fax as well as the Ethernet
connection. I think most of the MFD devices do, certainly the big floor
standing A3 one in my old office did.

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old December 9th 18, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MissRiaElaine[_2_]

On 09/12/2018 14:50, MB wrote:
On 09/12/2018 12:24, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 09/12/2018 01:21, Recliner wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46497526

That's just England, we do things differently up here..!

I love faxes, the problem is nobody sends me any these days :-(

It was NHS Scotland that surprised me by having no electronic way of
sending a prescription form to the chemist and relying on someone
picking up in person.* Perhaps they could do with some FAX machines!

They've got them, it's how they send urgent ones. The pharmacy still
sends someone round all the local surgeries every day though.

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old December 9th 18, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NY

On 09/12/2018 14:50, MB wrote:
On 09/12/2018 12:24, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 09/12/2018 01:21, Recliner wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46497526

That's just England, we do things differently up here..!

I love faxes, the problem is nobody sends me any these days :-(

It was NHS Scotland that surprised me by having no electronic way of
sending a prescription form to the chemist and relying on someone picking
up in person. Perhaps they could do with some FAX machines!

They've got them, it's how they send urgent ones. The pharmacy still sends
someone round all the local surgeries every day though.

Maybe one day the NHS will be dragged into the 20th century (not even 21st)
and it will be possible for the doctor to make up a prescription of several
items, ask "where do you want it dispensed" and submit the prescription,
certified by electronic key exchange, so the pharmacist dispenses it in time
for when you get there, without any paper or scanning thereof involved. But
still with the option of giving the patient a paper prescription if he
doesn't want to commit to one particular chemist.

When a patient presents a prescription for a doctor that the pharmacy
doesn't know (eg I go to my GP at home and take the prescription to be
dispensed near where I work) how often does the pharmacist contact the GP
surgery for authentication? Always, usually or rarely?

Old December 9th 18, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flop

On 09/12/2018 18:16, NY wrote:

Maybe one day the NHS will be dragged into the 20th century (not even
21st) and it will be possible for the doctor to make up a prescription
of several items, ask "where do you want it dispensed" [1] and submit the
prescription, certified by electronic key exchange, so the pharmacist
dispenses it in time for when you get there [2], without any paper or
scanning thereof involved. But still with the option of giving the
patient a paper prescription [3] if he doesn't want to commit to one
particular chemist.

With some variations and exceptions, this is the method adopted by our
surgery.

[1] - the pharmacy has to be pre-designated but may be changed.

[2] - for some reason, although the prescription is electronically sent
whilst I am with the doctor, I still get to the pharmacy (1mile away)
before the prescription.

[3] - the pharmacist *must* print out the prescription and give it to
the patient with the medication (or without if not available. The
patient then takes it to an alternative pharmacy). The prescription may
be used to apply for repeat medications.

In fact, the electronic approach may be over the top. I can take the
prescription into the surgery when 'available repeat number' is down to
zero and the receptionist will reset to seven without reference to a doctor.

--

Flop

I want to re-marry my ex.
She thinks I am after my money.
Old December 9th 18, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.[_3_]

On 09/12/2018 14:50, MB wrote:
On 09/12/2018 12:24, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 09/12/2018 01:21, Recliner wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46497526

That's just England, we do things differently up here..!

I love faxes, the problem is nobody sends me any these days :-(

It was NHS Scotland that surprised me by having no electronic way of
sending a prescription form to the chemist and relying on someone
picking up in person.* Perhaps they could do with some FAX machines!

They've got them, it's how they send urgent ones. The pharmacy still
sends someone round all the local surgeries every day though.

Indeed they have. The 9000 machines being quoted in the current news
reports must only be in the core NHS, and not include their
contractors like community pharmacies. As I said elsewhere in this
thread, pretty much all community pharmacies have one, so that's
another 14,000 units.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%