ADSL BB suddenly stopped -pair pinching?? UK

Old January 1st 19, 10:35 AM
kinshasa kinshasa is offline
Junior Member

Default ADSL BB suddenly stopped -pair pinching?? UK

I have ADSL BB from a UK provider. The line has always been great ,no noise and good speeds. Recently i found that it had suddenly stopped dead. The phone service still worked and there was no line noise etc. After some delays whilst the ISP did some troubleshooting they sent a job to openreach. OR Engineer attended,did all tests and confirmed there was no longer an ADSL service on the line. He says he checked the street cab and also the exchamge. So i still have no service and now he has sent a request to BT Wholesale to cease and reprovide . What i want to know is who might be responsible for my loss of service? How late to OR linemen work? Has my pair been swapped/pinched and if so,,shouldnt they diagnose and swap it back rather than initiate the further potential dealy and problems with a cease and reprovide?

I am sick to death of ADSL,,and why? well its a great product but there are just too many fingers in the pie, too much bickering over who fixes what etc..when my contract is up im seeking other posibbly non wires options..