Automatic compensation

Old April 1st 19, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

Default Automatic compensation

From the BBC website-

"Five UK broadband and landline providers will now automatically
compensate customers when services do not work.

From Monday, customers who experience delayed repairs, installations
or missed engineer appointments will be compensated, without having to
ask.

BT, Sky, TalkTalk, Virgin Media and Zen Internet have joined Ofcom's
scheme, which is not compulsory".

Looks like good news, though I don't know how Zen are going to test
their automatic compensation system because I've been with them for
many years and never had a problem that would have invoked it.

Rod.

---
https://www.avg.com

Old April 1st 19, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_3_]

Roderick Stewart wrote:
From the BBC website-

"Five UK broadband and landline providers will now automatically
compensate customers when services do not work.

From Monday, customers who experience delayed repairs, installations
or missed engineer appointments will be compensated, without having to
ask.

BT, Sky, TalkTalk, Virgin Media and Zen Internet have joined Ofcom's
scheme, which is not compulsory".

Looks like good news, though I don't know how Zen are going to test
their automatic compensation system because I've been with them for
many years and never had a problem that would have invoked it.

I ordered a new line for a business customer at a new build on an
existing industrial estate. Zen commissioned Openreach to install the
line, and I had to be present to meet the technician and give him access
to the building. No technician attended - on three separate occasions!

Ultimately it was found that Openreach had not documented the cabling on
that industrial estate properly, so the technician had been sent to the
wrong location.

Zen apologised profusely but said they could not pay me compensation
because they themselves could not get any compensation from Openreach.

But had I missed such an appointment I would have been charged either
70 or 130 depending on which website you look at.

--
Graham J
Old April 1st 19, 02:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd

I ordered a new line for a business customer at a new build on an
existing industrial estate.

Quote Ofcom 'The scheme covers all residential fixed broadband and landline
products.'

So does not cover broadband supplied to business premises, like many Ofcom
regulations.

Angus