Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

Old April 19th 19, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

Default Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 22:07:21 -0000 (UTC), Chris
wrote:

Find me one that lets me use data on a PAYG basis with no expiry (other
than the usual 180 days as for voice).

This has been discussed loads on here. Many of them do. E.g. Three's 3-2-1
PAYG. It even says on their page "No expiry*".

*You only need to make one chargeable use every six months.

That's not really "no expiry" at all then, because if you don't
remember to make a chargeable call it *will* expire. It's not an
insurmountable problem as long as you remember it, but it's annoying,
and all the more so because it's completely avoidable; it's not a
technical constraint, just somebody's decision.

Rod.

---
https://www.avg.com

Old April 19th 19, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

On 18/04/2019 23:07, Chris wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 18/04/2019 17:38, Chris wrote:

I have paid for x MB of data, why can't I use it in my own time..?

Because the deal is 30 days on a rolling contract. If you don't like it get
a true PAYG which has longer time limits.

Find me one that lets me use data on a PAYG basis with no expiry (other
than the usual 180 days as for voice).

This has been discussed loads on here. Many of them do. E.g. Three's 3-2-1
PAYG. It even says on their page "No expiry*".

*You only need to make one chargeable use every six months.

You could make a fiver's credit last for *years*.

My mother has had one in an old iphone I set her up with, I've just
checked, down to 2.10 credit now, she's never made a chargeable call on
it (she doesn't know how to !). She only sends Whatsapps, and 99% of
them are using the home WiFi. All the credit is consumed by back ground
data 'chatter' between the phone and network, but WTF, 1 quid per year
to keep the SIM alive. Is that an acceptable level of 'freeloading' or
is MissRe going to say it's still too much to pay ?

--
Mark
Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

wrote:

Find me one that lets me use data on a PAYG basis with no expiry (other
than the usual 180 days as for voice).

This has been discussed loads on here. Many of them do. E.g. Three's 3-2-1
PAYG. It even says on their page "No expiry*".

*You only need to make one chargeable use every six months.

That's not really "no expiry" at all then, because if you don't
remember to make a chargeable call it *will* expire.

Do you also need someone to help you breathe and eat? If you can't remember
to use your phone twice a year maybe mobiles aren't for you.

It's not an
insurmountable problem as long as you remember it, but it's annoying,
and all the more so because it's completely avoidable; it's not a
technical constraint, just somebody's decision.

It's also your choice to use a mobile.