Zen IPv6

Old April 28th 19, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Gregory[_2_]

Default Zen IPv6

On 28/04/2019 16:10, Richard Tobin wrote:
In article ,
Brian Gregory wrote:

I applied for an IPv6 address from Zen - which it turn out I was
unable to use, because my Apple router does not support IPv6
with FTTC (PPPoE)

If the router supports it you will need to specify that it gets it's
IPv6 by Prefix delegation with a prefix length of 48. It definitely can
work with PPPoE.

According to the interwebs, the Apple router

does not support the PPP 'IPV6CP' (IPv6 Configuration Protocol), so
it can't negotiate native IPv6 over PPPoE

-- Richard

Yes, you may well not be able to use Ipv6 with that router. I don't know.

But, "Native IPv6 from ISP" and "DHCPv6 with Prefix Delegation" are two
separate options in my router.

--

Brian Gregory (in England).
Old April 28th 19, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Gregory[_2_]

On 28/04/2019 16:55, Brian Gregory wrote:
But, "Native IPv6 from ISP" and "DHCPv6 with Prefix Delegation" are two
separate options in my router.

On reflection I think that's definitely a red herring as for as your
situation is concerned.

The difference is simply whether you manually tell your router your IPv6
address or your ISP tells your router automatically. After that I think
it uses the same mechanism to transfer the packets.

--

Brian Gregory (in England).