Openreach to be nationalised

Old November 24th 19, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Openreach to be nationalised

On Sunday, 17 November 2019 14:27:31 UTC, bert wrote:
In article , MB writes
On 15/11/2019 18:02, Vir Campestris wrote:
I also recall when I first bought a house I was told by old PO I
couldn't have a 'phone "because we've run out of numbers".* I could
think of one for them... (presumably they meant exchange capacity)

I don't know the restrictions that the GPO operated under but the
organisation that I worked was not allowed to speculatively build or
install equipment until after it was privatised. It could be that GPO
were not allowed to install capacity that might take years to recover
its costs.

Post Office Telephones made plenty of money but the unions insisted it
was used to subsidise the postal service.
--
bert

And significant overmanning (probably overstaffing now).
Old November 24th 19, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Recliner[_4_]

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
[...]

Isn't that completely normal in unionised nationalised industries?