Plusnet Support

Old November 29th 19, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bert

Default Plusnet Support

What has happened? Been trying to get in touch with them all this week.
Either 10 - 30 min Q on calls or kept waiting for ages on Live Chat.
Actually went from Pos 2 to Pos 3. Don't know what I did to deserve
that. And all I wanted to do was renew my contract.
Ah well, time for a change.
--
bert
Old November 29th 19, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Invalid

In message , bert writes
What has happened? Been trying to get in touch with them all this week.
Either 10 - 30 min Q on calls or kept waiting for ages on Live Chat.
Actually went from Pos 2 to Pos 3. Don't know what I did to deserve
that. And all I wanted to do was renew my contract.
Ah well, time for a change.

Try Retentions (also called Customer Options) Team. They should be
contacted on 0800 013 2632 selecting option 1 then option 2.

Thy are usually (by far) the quickest at Plusnet to answer the phone!.
Start by telling them you are planning to leave - then negotiate!!

Regards

PS I left anyway - but that was for other reasons!!
--
Invalid
Old November 29th 19, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Malcolm Loades[_2_]

On 29/11/2019 16:57, bert wrote:
What has happened? Been trying to get in touch with them all this week.
Either 10 - 30 min Q on calls or kept waiting for ages on Live Chat.
Actually went from Pos 2 to Pos 3. Don't know what I did to deserve
that. And all I wanted to do was renew my contract.
Ah well, time for a change.

The very reason I left them ... to pay some more!

All ISP's are equal when everything is working as it should, accounts
are causing no problems and you have no other need to contact them. In
these circumstances the cheapest are the best ...... that is, until you
need to contact them.

I got so fed up with being in queues, hearing how important that my call
was but never proving it, that I bit the bullet and switched to Zen.
I've had very little need to contact them but when I do I realise how
much the extra I'm paying them is worth it.

Malcolm
Old November 29th 19, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 19:14:29 +0000
Malcolm Loades wrote:

On 29/11/2019 16:57, bert wrote:
[...]

Like many others, I have only praise for Zen. They speak English (well,
Lancashire), and they are willing to help even if the problem is not
their fault. I heartily recommend them.

--
Davey.
Old November 29th 19, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

On 29/11/2019 19:37, Davey wrote:
Like many others, I have only praise for Zen. They speak English (well,
Lancashire), and they are willing to help even if the problem is not
their fault. I heartily recommend them.

I was happy with Plusnet. OK, so they speak Yorkshire...

I dropped them because they didn't do FTTP. It's sad to see the good bit
of BT coming apart.

Andy
Old November 29th 19, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Malcolm Loades wrote:

On 29/11/2019 16:57, bert wrote:
[...]

I'd honestly say the same for Plusnet. I renewed my contract in the summer
and paid less than i was before. There was a bit of a wait, but sorted
painlessly. The wait this week is probably a Black Friday effect.

Old November 29th 19, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NY[_2_]

"Davey" wrote in message
Like many others, I have only praise for Zen. They speak English (well,
Lancashire), and they are willing to help even if the problem is not
their fault. I heartily recommend them.

I used to say this about Plusnet, except that they spoke Yorkshire, but over
the last few years their support has gone from being "excellent" to being
"fair" - though on the same scale, most other ISPs I've dealt with have
rated "f-ing terrible", mainly on account of their use of Indian
call-centres and all that this brings to the support experience.

Old November 30th 19, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 16:57:52 +0000, bert wrote:

Ah well, time for a change.

Zen.

Rod.
Old December 1st 19, 04:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=CF?=

Roderick Stewart wrote:

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 16:57:52 +0000, bert wrote:

Ah well, time for a change.

Zen.

Rod.

Shh, or BT will buy them.