What is a new customer?

Old December 12th 19, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim+[_2_]

Default What is a new customer?

Obvious in one sense, but do returning customers count as “new”?

Toying with the idea of switching between Virgin and Plusnet fibre every 18
months to take advantage of their “new customer” rates. Is this possible?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old December 12th 19, 12:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

On Thu 12/12/2019 12:14, Tim+ wrote:
Obvious in one sense, but do returning customers count as “new”?

Toying with the idea of switching between Virgin and Plusnet fibre every 18
months to take advantage of their “new customer” rates. Is this possible?

Tim

Different providers have different rules but that would work.

EXCEPT

From February(?) OfCom have ordered that everyone whether a new or
existing customer MUST be offered the same deals.

I've been on VM for nearly 20 years and in the past they would only let
you go up in line speed. When I renewed this Autumn I pointed this out
as I had no need for 100Mb and 50Mb (the 'slowest' they now do) was
sufficient. Changed instantly albeit I only saved 4 per month!

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old December 12th 19, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim...

"Tim+" wrote in message
Obvious in one sense, but do returning customers count as “new”?

Toying with the idea of switching between Virgin and Plusnet fibre every
18
months to take advantage of their “new customer” rates. Is this possible?

I signed up as a new customer with PN when I moved into new house despite
still being a customer at the old house (I had six months overlap)

tim

Old December 12th 19, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Tim+ wrote:
Obvious in one sense, but do returning customers count as “new”?

Toying with the idea of switching between Virgin and Plusnet fibre every 18
months to take advantage of their “new customer” rates. Is this possible?

Probably, but it's easier to haggle. I renegotiated my PN deal in the
summer to something better than the new customer offer. Simply name a few
competitor offers and they'll match one of them. It was SSE for me.