Oh dear - Openreach...

Old December 21st 19, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

Default Oh dear - Openreach...

Ordered FTTC on 14/12, Order passed to OR on 16/12. ISP said about 3 - 4
days, OR says 7/1. Well, so long as FTTP is being installed, who am I to
complain - I've got 3mbps :-( , if it holds up at SNR of 6 and 3.5km to the
exchange (and 25kV sparks 100m away).
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old December 21st 19, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager[_5_]

On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 16:16:40 +0000, PeterC wrote:

Ordered FTTC on 14/12, Order passed to OR on 16/12. ISP said about 3 - 4
days, OR says 7/1. Well, so long as FTTP is being installed, who am I to
complain - I've got 3mbps :-( , if it holds up at SNR of 6 and 3.5km to
the exchange (and 25kV sparks 100m away).

So which is it? FTTC or FTTP?
Old December 21st 19, 11:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On 21 Dec 2019 21:01:49 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 16:16:40 +0000, PeterC wrote:

Ordered FTTC on 14/12, Order passed to OR on 16/12. ISP said about 3 - 4
days, OR says 7/1. Well, so long as FTTP is being installed, who am I to
complain - I've got 3mbps :-( , if it holds up at SNR of 6 and 3.5km to
the exchange (and 25kV sparks 100m away).

So which is it? FTTC or FTTP?

Sorry - I was alluding to all the FTTP being installed and that those with
slow connections have to wait for cabinets and FTTC.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away