Plusnet dodgy Internet

Old January 8th 20, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim...

Default Plusnet dodgy Internet

For the past three weeks I have suffered continual episodes of "no internet"
for several minutes at a time, but with access to my news server, so it's
not the line that at fault.

Are other people suffering from this?

I lived with it over Christmas as I gave them the benefit of the doubt
having people on holiday etc.

But it's still happening.

It's getting to the point of unusable some days

I still have 6 months to go on my 18 month contract

what to do?????

tim

Old January 8th 20, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

On Wed 08/01/2020 18:48, tim... wrote:
For the past three weeks I have suffered continual episodes of "no
internet" for several minutes at a time, but with access to my news
server, so it's not the line that at fault.

Are other people suffering from this?

I lived with it over Christmas as I gave them the benefit of the doubt
having people on holiday etc.

But it's still happening.

It's getting to the point of unusable some days

I still have 6 months to go on my 18 month contract

what to do?????

tim

Mail Bob Pullen at PN - if he doesn't pick this up himself.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old January 8th 20, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brighton Rock

On 08/01/2020 18:48, tim... wrote:
For the past three weeks I have suffered continual episodes of "no
internet" for several minutes at a time, but with access to my news
server, so it's not the line that at fault.

Are other people suffering from this?

I lived with it over Christmas as I gave them the benefit of the doubt
having people on holiday etc.

But it's still happening.

It's getting to the point of unusable some days

I still have 6 months to go on my 18 month contract

what to do?????

tim

Report a fault? Until you do, Plusnet won't know that you have a problem.
Old January 8th 20, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

tim... wrote:

For the past three weeks I have suffered continual episodes of "no
internet" for several minutes at a time

What's telling you that you have "no internet", a windows PC?

if you open a CMD window and leave "ping -t google.com" running, do the
successful replies actually stop?
Old January 8th 20, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim...

"Woody" wrote in message
On Wed 08/01/2020 18:48, tim... wrote:
For the past three weeks I have suffered continual episodes of "no
internet" for several minutes at a time, but with access to my news
server, so it's not the line that at fault.

Are other people suffering from this?

I lived with it over Christmas as I gave them the benefit of the doubt
having people on holiday etc.

But it's still happening.

It's getting to the point of unusable some days

I still have 6 months to go on my 18 month contract

what to do?????

tim

Mail Bob Pullen at PN - if he doesn't pick this up himself.

In was hoping that would happen :-)

(though I didn't know his name)

tim

Old January 8th 20, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim...

"Brighton Rock" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 08/01/2020 18:48, tim... wrote:
For the past three weeks I have suffered continual episodes of "no
internet" for several minutes at a time, but with access to my news
server, so it's not the line that at fault.

Are other people suffering from this?

I lived with it over Christmas as I gave them the benefit of the doubt
having people on holiday etc.

But it's still happening.

It's getting to the point of unusable some days

I still have 6 months to go on my 18 month contract

what to do?????

tim

Report a fault? Until you do, Plusnet won't know that you have a problem.

I assumed that if it was more than my line, someone else would have already

tim

Old January 8th 20, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim...

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

For the past three weeks I have suffered continual episodes of "no
internet" for several minutes at a time

What's telling you that you have "no internet", a windows PC?

Um? yes

Browser reports "cannot connect"

obviously I try more than one site to make sure that it's not the site
that's down

if you open a CMD window and leave "ping -t google.com" running, do the
successful replies actually stop?

presumably during one of the outages?

I'll try

Old January 8th 20, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

tim... wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

What's telling you that you have "no internet", a windows PC?

Um? yes

I actually meant was it windows own icon in the taskbar tray, which
shows "internet access" or "no internet access"

Browser reports "cannot connect"

if you open a CMD window and leave "ping -t google.com" running, do
the successful replies actually stop?

presumably during one of the outages?

start it now, leave it running, see if it stops replying at a time
browser doesn't work
Old January 8th 20, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brighton Rock

On 08/01/2020 18:48, tim... wrote:
For the past three weeks I have suffered continual episodes of "no
internet" for several minutes at a time, but with access to my news
server, so it's not the line that at fault.

Are other people suffering from this?

I lived with it over Christmas as I gave them the benefit of the
doubt having people on holiday etc.

But it's still happening.

It's getting to the point of unusable some days

I still have 6 months to go on my 18 month contract

what to do?????

tim

Report a fault? Until you do, Plusnet won't know that you have a problem.

I assumed that if it was more than my line, someone else would have already

tim

Even then, it would have been worth putting in your fault report as it
would have provided additional information to assist in identifying any
wider problem.

I suggest going to their website and running through the fault report
sequence. It doesn't cost you anything - except time - and, once the
fault is picked up by Plusnet's people, the additional remote access
information that Plusnet will have been able to generate will make
diagnosis easier.

I imagine that you have tried the obvious local things such as
rebooting/resetting the router, etc?
Old January 8th 20, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

tim... wrote:
For the past three weeks I have suffered continual episodes of "no internet"
for several minutes at a time, but with access to my news server, so it's
not the line that at fault.

Are other people suffering from this?

I'm a Plusnet customer and don't see this.

I lived with it over Christmas as I gave them the benefit of the doubt
having people on holiday etc.

But it's still happening.

It's getting to the point of unusable some days

I still have 6 months to go on my 18 month contract

what to do?????

Go through their troubleshooting pages and if that doesn't resolve it,
definitely report it!

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/...oubleshooting/