Engaged outgoing - ideas anyone?

Old May 8th 19, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

Default Engaged outgoing - ideas anyone?

I have two ATA's, one is a Linksys PAP2T and the other a Cisco SPA2102.
Apart from a different web interface structure the units are essentially
identical save the PAP2T does not have an internal router.

The SPA2102 is set up for a Sipgate number and as there is credit on the
account I can make and receive calls without problem.

The PAP2T is set up for a different Sipgate number that my late f-i-l
used. There is no credit so only test calls and calls to other Sipgate
users can be made.

On the second line I can dial the first Sipgate number and it rings no
problem.
One the second line I can dial in from a BT phone and it rings.
If I dial the second line from my mobile I get a single beep tone that
is not engaged.
If I dial the test number 10000 on the second line I get engaged.

I have had the web server pages of both units side by side on the screen
and as best I can tell they are identical apart from the User ID and
Password. The SIP port numbers for each unit are coherent per unit but
different between them, i.e. 5160 on the unit that does not work and
43160 on the unit that does. I have tried changing the former to no avail.

Anyone any ideas?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old May 8th 19, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

[...]

I can't say for sure if this is the problem, but what's behind that
odd choice of SIP port numbers?
The default is 5060 for Line 1 and 5061 for Line 2

Multiple ATAs can co-exist on the network with the same pair of SIP
ports.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old May 8th 19, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

On Wed 08/05/2019 23:20, Graham. wrote:

[...]

The useful bit is that Sipgate have on their web site the 'standard'
configs for a number a ATAs and SIP phones, and they suggest the SIP
ports be 43160 and 43104-43120, and increasing the numbers by 100 for
every unit on the same network.

I have the SPA2102 running at 43160 etc and have tried the PAP2T with
both 5060 and 43260 and I get the same result - which suggests it is not
a port issue.

Old May 9th 19, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

[...]

Interesting, they are putting the SIP signaling port up near the RTP
media port range. I wonder if they recommend that to circumvent ISPs
and networks that try to block SIP?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old May 9th 19, 08:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

On Thu 09/05/2019 00:27, Graham. wrote:
[...]

One thing I can confirm there - they DO block VoIP.

If you go to France every town, most large villages and even smaller
villages have free wi-fi around the Mairie's office (i.e. Town Hall.)
You can surf and web mail as much as you like, but try to use VoIP and
(curiously for that matter) an e-mail client and its blocked. Why?
Because almost all of these free services are provided by Orange France.

Then go to the Tourist Info office and you get the whole package, no limits.

Baffles me.

Old January 23rd 20, 06:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_5_]

Woody Wrote in message:
[...]

Sainsburys free WiFi blocks SIP, but not Skype & Facetime IIRC
Tesco's offering is open to everything AFAICS.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----