=?UTF-8?B?Wm9pcGVyIGlPUyBkb2VzbuKAmXQgc3RheSBydW5uaW5n?=

Old August 1st 19, 02:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil[_2_]

Default =?UTF-8?B?Wm9pcGVyIGlPUyBkb2VzbuKAmXQgc3RheSBydW5uaW5n?=

Hi all,

Currently using Zoiper on my iPad. Have it set up to work with my Sipgate account. So far so good. Now the problem, the app doesn't keep running for any longer than say an hour, so it's useless for incoming calls. When I come to open it again it registers with Sipgate and will stay running for a while longer.

I've got ‘Force background' and ‘WiFi keep alive' toggled on in the settings, but it makes no difference. There is a ‘Use push notifications' option in the settings, not sure if that would fix the problem, but it's a premium option.

Any ideas, either to get Zoiper to keep running in the background, or for a different iOS app that will.

Many thanks.
Old August 1st 19, 02:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil[_2_]

Default =?UTF-8?B?UmU6IFpvaXBlciBpT1MgZG9lc27igJl0IHN0YXkgcnVubm luZw==?=

--

Forgot to say Background App Refresh is turned on for the Zoiper app in the iPad's settings.

Old August 1st 19, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Woolley

Default =?UTF-8?Q?Re=3a_Zoiper_iOS_doesn=e2=80=99t_stay_running? =

On 01/08/2019 02:29, Phil wrote:
I've got ‘Force background' and ‘WiFi keep alive' toggled on in the settings, but it makes no difference. There is a ‘Use push notifications' option in the settings, not sure if that would fix the problem, but it's a premium option.

I think there are only a limited number of push notification services
that Apple products will talk to. Unless the ITSP is prepared to talk
to one of those, you are out of luck. From what I hear, you cannot
issue pushed directly to the phone.

Pushes are not SIP protocol features.

Old August 2nd 19, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

Default Zoiper iOS doesn't stay running - obstruct.AVI (0/1)

Hi all,

Currently using Zoiper on my iPad. Have it set up to work with my Sipgate account. So far so good. Now the problem, the app doesnt keep running for any longer than say an hour, so its useless for incoming calls. When I come to open it again it registers with Sipgate and will stay running for a while longer.

Ive got Force background and WiFi keep alive toggled on in the settings, but it makes no difference. There is a Use push notifications option in the settings, not sure if that would fix the problem, but its a premium option.

Any ideas, either to get Zoiper to keep running in the background, or for a different iOS app that will.

Many thanks.

When I had an iPad I used a SIP client called "Join".
It's similar to CSipSimple and I suppose Zoiper.
You could give it a try if it's still available.

PS, the character you used that looks like an apostrophe in the
subject line, caused E-S to reject my FU unless I type in a proper
one. I saw the same thing a few weeks ago, was that you too?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old August 5th 19, 02:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil[_2_]

On 17:28 02/08 , Graham. wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I'll take a look. No, not me a few weeks ago.