Tones on Linksys SPA2102 ATA

Old August 16th 19, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

Default Tones on Linksys SPA2102 ATA

I am using a recently acquired Linksys SPA2101 on a Sipgate account
after my previous Sepura ATA network port failed.

I have noticed of late when on a call that I have originated that every
30 seconds (exactly as far as I can tell) there is a very short break in
the incoming audio when a number of rapid (single pitch) pips can be
heard in the background. The incoming audio then resumes.

I have used several ATAs over the years and have never experienced this
before but I cannot find a cause. There are two timers listed in the
setup pages both set at 30 seconds but these times are the default
settings so I suspect are unlikely to be the cause.

Anyone experienced this or have any (polite) suggestions as to the cause?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old August 16th 19, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

I am using a recently acquired Linksys SPA2101 on a Sipgate account
after my previous Sepura ATA network port failed.

I have noticed of late when on a call that I have originated that every
30 seconds (exactly as far as I can tell) there is a very short break in
the incoming audio when a number of rapid (single pitch) pips can be
heard in the background. The incoming audio then resumes.

I have used several ATAs over the years and have never experienced this
before but I cannot find a cause. There are two timers listed in the
setup pages both set at 30 seconds but these times are the default
settings so I suspect are unlikely to be the cause.

Anyone experienced this or have any (polite) suggestions as to the cause?

Try turning OFF the "CW Setting" option on the "User 1" tab, assuming
the setting is in the same place as my PAP-2 and SPA-3000.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old August 16th 19, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

On Fri 16/08/2019 15:57, Graham. wrote:
I am using a recently acquired Linksys SPA2101 on a Sipgate account
after my previous Sepura ATA network port failed.

I have noticed of late when on a call that I have originated that every
30 seconds (exactly as far as I can tell) there is a very short break in
the incoming audio when a number of rapid (single pitch) pips can be
heard in the background. The incoming audio then resumes.

I have used several ATAs over the years and have never experienced this
before but I cannot find a cause. There are two timers listed in the
setup pages both set at 30 seconds but these times are the default
settings so I suspect are unlikely to be the cause.

Anyone experienced this or have any (polite) suggestions as to the cause?

Try turning OFF the "CW Setting" option on the "User 1" tab, assuming
the setting is in the same place as my PAP-2 and SPA-3000.

Brilliant.

The 'CW setting' was already set to no as were all the other settings in
that block - which in my case is under Line 1.

However there is a section under User1 that refers to Subscription
Services and also has reference to 'CW Setting.' A quick Google shows
that if these services are not used they should be set to no - and the
default for all of them is yes. I set them all to no and have just had a
ten minutes call - not one set of pips.

Thanks for your help.