Lowest cost VOIP solution?

Old October 1st 19, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Lowest cost VOIP solution?

On Sunday, 29 September 2019 23:24:24 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 10:12:45 -0700 (PDT), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

snip

If you both get a Voipfone account, you can ring each other for free from soft / IP phones

Any (like my Sipgate one?). Actually any 'call cost' wouldn't be an
issue in any case as ideally it would only be used incoming (at the
called end) and for 'checking' someone was at home and ok etc.

Calls between Voipfone customers are free, and indeed calls to other Voip 'subscribers' of the form acct [email protected] address.

IIRC Siemens Gigaset phones can do this anyway.

or from anywhere using the 0560 xxxxxxx number provided.

Ok, well that might be more practical as we never know where we will
be when such instances might arrive etc.

So the key things being a static incoming number of some (any) sort
and the ability to call it from anywhere.

I also don't know if you can call +44 560 xxx xxxx from other countries, but probably.

I do know that Voipfone will work from other EU countries and I have sent Gigasets to Ireland, NL and D.

Free VOIP to VOIP calls might just be considered a bonus (as they both
have pretty good mobile contracts etc).

Cheers, T i m

Old October 1st 19, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

SIP endpoints do not need a VSP to call each other.

056 numbers don't seem to have entered the public contiousnes at all,
I doubt many people could tell you what they would be charged, and
many would think they are premium rate.

I wonder why we even need this range at all, 03now.co.uk gives you 20
random 03 non geo numbers per free account, and you can link the
numbers to many VSP accounts, including voipfone (but not Sipgate)
using the 8 digit user ID

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%