Zoiper problem

Old October 29th 19, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Murmansk

Default Zoiper problem

I've got an account with Voipfone and have an extension set up on my mobile phone which uses Zoiper Pro for Android

I can make calls via Zoiper and Voipfone on the mobile but don't receive incoming calls. It used to work OK.

I pay Zoiper a pound or so each month for their push service.

I've tried reinstalling.

Have been in touch Voipfone who suggest contacting Zoiper and say that their system requires a registration every 60 seconds but they'd not had one for 20 minutes.

Can anyone point me to any settings that might need adjusting please or indeed to another bit of voip phone software I could try. I used to use CSIP Simple but it seems to have stopped being available?

Old October 29th 19, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob Eager[_5_]

On Tue, 29 Oct 2019 06:00:19 -0700, Murmansk wrote:

I've got an account with Voipfone and have an extension set up on my
mobile phone which uses Zoiper Pro for Android

I can make calls via Zoiper and Voipfone on the mobile but don't receive
incoming calls. It used to work OK.

I pay Zoiper a pound or so each month for their push service.

I've tried reinstalling.

Have been in touch Voipfone who suggest contacting Zoiper and say that
their system requires a registration every 60 seconds but they'd not had
one for 20 minutes.

Can anyone point me to any settings that might need adjusting please or
indeed to another bit of voip phone software I could try. I used to use
CSIP Simple but it seems to have stopped being available?

I would have a look at the Android settings for 'power saving' on apps.
Make sure that any power saving is turned OFF for Zoiper.
Old October 29th 19, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Murmansk

Thanks, in the end it turns out there's a setting within Zoiper "Run in background" which needed to be ticked so it doesn't keep turning itself off!

It's usually something simple!
Old October 29th 19, 04:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

I've got an account with Voipfone and have an extension set up on my mobile phone which uses Zoiper Pro for Android

I can make calls via Zoiper and Voipfone on the mobile but don't receive incoming calls. It used to work OK.

I pay Zoiper a pound or so each month for their push service.

I've tried reinstalling.

Have been in touch Voipfone who suggest contacting Zoiper and say that their system requires a registration every 60 seconds but they'd not had one for 20 minutes.

Can anyone point me to any settings that might need adjusting please or indeed to another bit of voip phone software I could try. I used to use CSIP Simple but it seems to have stopped being available?

I thing Google banned CCS because of the way it can integrate with the
basic phone dialler. You can still get it free from Amazon, and I can
recommend it.

https://www.amazon.com/Regis-Montoya.../dp/B00D42SYYK

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old October 29th 19, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Tuesday, 29 October 2019 14:49:47 UTC, Murmansk wrote:
Thanks, in the end it turns out there's a setting within Zoiper "Run in background" which needed to be ticked so it doesn't keep turning itself off!

It's usually something simple!

Depending on the phone, and number of SIM's, you can configure the phone to receive and make the calls native, although it can be made difficult by manufacturers and will likely be disabled on locked phone.

Works on posh Nokia's and Samsung Galaxy.

Galaxy
S6 - works AFAIK
S7 - crippled by Nokia
S8 - works needs Sip settings 'app'
S9 - works ditto, but won't call out native on dual SIM phones (choice of which SIM instead)
Old October 29th 19, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

On Tue 29/10/2019 15:02, Graham. wrote:
[...]

I think you are right Graham. Fortunately I already have it loaded on my
phone!
Sipdroid is also a good SIP client and is still on the Play Store but
whilst its audio quality is very good it doesn't seem to work as
reliably as CSS
I tried Zoiper both on Android and on an iPhone5 and have to say I
didn't like it. On the iPhone it drained the battery like you would not
believe!

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com