VOIP DECT base with answering machine

Old February 9th 20, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Green

Default VOIP DECT base with answering machine

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Saturday, 8 February 2020 23:03:03 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
Gigaset handsets in general have weird ways of doing things. One of
the silliest I came across recently is that you can't de-register a
handset from the base station from the handset you want to
de-register. You can only do it from another handset.

I think it depends on the model. Only top end handsets can deregister anything.

So it's completely impossible if you have 'low end' handsets?

Also the directory is independent for each handset so adding a number
on one handset doesn't get copied to the others.

True, but there is a simple directory copy function.

So every time you add a number to one directory you have to copy it to
all the others, very handy!

--
Chris Green

Old February 9th 20, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Sunday, 9 February 2020 13:03:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Saturday, 8 February 2020 23:03:03 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
Gigaset handsets in general have weird ways of doing things. One of
the silliest I came across recently is that you can't de-register a
handset from the base station from the handset you want to
de-register. You can only do it from another handset.

I think it depends on the model. Only top end handsets can deregister anything.

So it's completely impossible if you have 'low end' handsets?

Yes. We had some phone banks consisting of an N510IP and four A120 handsets (the dumbest). To delete them you either had to register a more capable phone, or after a numpty had registered six of them on one base, factory reset and reinstall the lot...

Also the directory is independent for each handset so adding a number
on one handset doesn't get copied to the others.

True, but there is a simple directory copy function.

So every time you add a number to one directory you have to copy it to
all the others, very handy!

Hardly, but when you add a new phone, you simply copy the whole lot at once..

Probably something the receptionist can do as routine maintenance.

--
Chris Green

Old February 12th 20, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo[_2_]

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Got C460IP, C475IP and N510IP, but not the N300. Operation of the three I
do have is very similar, but I don't know exactly how the N300A TAM works.
OMA download the manual.

Thanks everyone. A N300A IP turned up on ebay at the right price, so now on
its way.

Now my next challenge is to find out the Sky VOIP login from its router
(which I don't plan to use) - some hacking suggests it's using TR104 (a
subset of TR069) to collect the login from Sky which it turns out the N300A
supports. Now all I need is to extract the TR069 credentials from it
somehow...

Theo
Old February 12th 20, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 10:11:23 UTC, Theo wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Got C460IP, C475IP and N510IP, but not the N300. Operation of the three I
do have is very similar, but I don't know exactly how the N300A TAM works.
OMA download the manual.

Thanks everyone. A N300A IP turned up on ebay at the right price, so now on
its way.

Now my next challenge is to find out the Sky VOIP login from its router
(which I don't plan to use) - some hacking suggests it's using TR104 (a
subset of TR069) to collect the login from Sky which it turns out the N300A
supports. Now all I need is to extract the TR069 credentials from it
somehow...

Theo

Back in the days of BT Broadband Voice and BT Broadband Talk, if you set up the softphone on your PC, it would pass via a page that gave the login credentials.

These could then be configured into a Gigaset base station as one of its Voip accounts. You could then make and receive BT calls on the Gigaset handsets, although annoyingly when the PC was turned off the app' would unregister the connection.

There is probably a similar crack in $ky Voip.
Old February 15th 20, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo[_2_]

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 10:11:23 UTC, Theo wrote:
Now my next challenge is to find out the Sky VOIP login from its router
(which I don't plan to use) - some hacking suggests it's using TR104 (a
subset of TR069) to collect the login from Sky which it turns out the N300A
supports. Now all I need is to extract the TR069 credentials from it
somehow...

It turns out the N300A comes in two versions - consumer and business/ISP.
The consumer firmware doesn't have any TR069 settings (that I can see,
unless they're on a hidden page somewhere).

Back in the days of BT Broadband Voice and BT Broadband Talk, if you set
up the softphone on your PC, it would pass via a page that gave the login
credentials.

The Sky VOIP is because they're taking an Openreach product (SOGEA) that
doesn't provide voice on the line. Hence it's a 'landline replacement',
being that their router provides the phone socket (and there are ways to
hook that into your phone extensions via NTE faceplates, not that they
supply them).

It's not an over-the-top service as such like BT BBT was, it's more
'infrastructure'. For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if the server is
only accessible from a Sky connection, maybe on a separate VLAN. I'm
guessing it's SIP - not least because there's mention of SIP in the firmware
and TR104 is all about SIP connections.

I don't have my Sky router yet. However, I bought a scrap SR102 (non-VOIP)
router from ebay, plugged into its serial port, and logged into the console.
That way I managed to find out the TR069 login:

username: OUI-mac address
password: mac address

Haven't managed to get enough of a TR069 implementation up yet.
I can chat to the server, but it asks for:

2020-02-15 10:08:53 [easycwmp] NOTICE - received GetParameterValues method from the ACS
2020-02-15 10:08:53 [easycwmp] NOTICE - external: execute get value InternetGatewayDevice.X_SKY_COM_Factory.BaseMac
2020-02-15 10:08:53 [easycwmp] NOTICE - Fault in the param: InternetGatewayDevice.X_SKY_COM_Factory.BaseMac , Fault code: 9005
2020-02-15 10:08:53 [easycwmp] NOTICE - send Fault: 9005: 'Invalid parameter name'

The parameter InternetGatewayDevice.X_SKY_COM_Factory.BaseMac is not
something easycwmp knows about, and I'm not yet sure how to teach it.
(easycwmp is all tangled up with callbacks into OpenWRT and it's hard to see
where one stops and the other starts)

Even if I can't, I'm hopeful I can find out the VOIP login using the serial
port. It's just less friendly to other people who want to do the same.

Theo
Old February 15th 20, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo[_2_]

Anthony R. Gold wrote:
I don't know of any separate PRO versions of the N300 IP/N300A IP but maybe
these will help:

https://gse.gigaset.com/fileadmin/le...ERNATIONAL.pdf
https://gse.gigaset.com/fileadmin/le...7643_en_PT.pdf

Thanks, that's very interesting. It looks like Gigaset have cooked up their
own provisioning protocol, rather than using standards like TR069/TR104.
It looks somewhat less hairy than TR069, but doesn't help in my case where I
need TR069 to scrape the credentials out of Sky...

I don't think there's a separate PRO version of the N300(a) - they're more
aimed at consumers than businesses - just that if you're a telco you can
order XXX,000 of them with telco-friendly firmware that supports TR069.
Strangely, while the spec sheets on every sales site for the N300 say:
"Compatible with provisioning standards: TR069, MAC address, code based
auto-configuration"
but nowhere in the documentation mentions this.

This is the flowchart for the N510:
https://teamwork.gigaset.com/gigawik...ing+flow+chart
but that's DHCP option 114 ('URL') and 66 ('TFTP'), not the way TR069 is
advertised (16/43/55/60/124/125).

Theo