Plusnet down E Scotland?

Old March 3rd 20, 07:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default Plusnet down E Scotland?

Is it just me? PN status page is all green, but I don't think I can trust
it.

Anyone else seeing broadband issues this morning?

Old March 3rd 20, 08:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_3_]

Chris wrote:

Is it just me? PN status page is all green, but I don't think I can trust
it.

Anyone else seeing broadband issues this morning?

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/plusnet/

.... suggests Annam, Edinburgh and Glasgow have some problems as well as
some places in England

What does your router tell you?

--
Graham J
Old March 3rd 20, 08:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Graham J wrote:
Chris wrote:

Is it just me? PN status page is all green, but I don't think I can trust
it.

Anyone else seeing broadband issues this morning?

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/plusnet/

... suggests Annam, Edinburgh and Glasgow have some problems as well as
some places in England

What does your router tell you?

I didn't have time to get into the settings before heading out, but it's
stripe is red and the "b" light is blinking red also. I think that means
there's no bb signal. I've power cycled it and changed the filter just in
case.

Old March 3rd 20, 11:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Chris wrote:
Graham J wrote:
Chris wrote:

Is it just me? PN status page is all green, but I don't think I can trust
it.

Anyone else seeing broadband issues this morning?

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/plusnet/

... suggests Annam, Edinburgh and Glasgow have some problems as well as
some places in England

What does your router tell you?

I didn't have time to get into the settings before heading out, but it's
stripe is red and the "b" light is blinking red also. I think that means
there's no bb signal. I've power cycled it and changed the filter just in
case.

Came home this evening and everything was working again. First outage I've
had in many years.

Old March 4th 20, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_3_]

Chris wrote:

[snip]

I didn't have time to get into the settings before heading out, but it's
stripe is red and the "b" light is blinking red also. I think that means
there's no bb signal. I've power cycled it and changed the filter just in
case.

Came home this evening and everything was working again. First outage I've
had in many years.

While it's working, get familiar with its web interface so it becomes
just a matter of seconds to see the line status. Then when the problem
recurs you can give us sensible information.

In fact, tell us the line performance parameters now (sync speed, SNR
margin, and any error counts). I know it's difficult to find these
parameters on some routers, so tell us the router make & model and
somebody should be able to help.

--
Graham J
Old March 5th 20, 08:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Graham J wrote:
Chris wrote:

[snip]

I didn't have time to get into the settings before heading out, but it's
stripe is red and the "b" light is blinking red also. I think that means
there's no bb signal. I've power cycled it and changed the filter just in
case.

Came home this evening and everything was working again. First outage I've
had in many years.

While it's working, get familiar with its web interface so it becomes
just a matter of seconds to see the line status. Then when the problem
recurs you can give us sensible information.

In fact, tell us the line performance parameters now (sync speed, SNR
margin, and any error counts). I know it's difficult to find these
parameters on some routers, so tell us the router make & model and
somebody should be able to help.

Good point. I thought I know where to find it, but that info is very well
hidden. Anyone know where to find it ona plusnet hub one router?

Old March 5th 20, 08:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_3_]

Chris wrote:
Graham J wrote:
Chris wrote:

[snip]

[...]

I'm sure somebody from Plusnet will be along in a moment ...

--
Graham J
Old March 6th 20, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 05/03/2020 08:35, Graham J wrote:
Chris wrote:
Graham J wrote:
Chris wrote:

[snip]

[...]

192.168.1.254 Advanced Settings Troubleshooting Helpdesk

You'll be prompted for the admin password that can be found on the
underside of the device or on the removeable card (I think).

Old March 6th 20, 04:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bev[_2_]

On Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:21:57 +0000, Plusnet Support Team wrote:

Whilst you are here Bob - any idea if or when PN will roll out FTTP? I
know it was trialled but we expect to get FTTP sometime this year and
when I asked the helldesk they said I could get Fibre now from PN. They
didn't seem to understand the difference between FTTC and FTTP.

As it happens we can't get FTTC either as the cabinet is waaaayyyy
distant even though the exchange is enabled.