Not complaining

Old March 24th 20, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tweed[_3_]

Default Not complaining

It is traditional hereabouts to moan about the state of UK broadband. I'm
amazed at how well it is all holding up at the moment. My house is
currently running a video stream from BritBox and a virtual pub session
with my student son and his mates over FaceTime (it's called the Stay Inn).
All day I've been running video calls to work colleagues and haven't really
noticed any issues. WhatsApp video calls win the prize for quality - superb
video and non lagging voice performance. Better than FaceTime on the same
device. I was expecting network congestion to be kicking in during the
evenings, but so far not. Even with said current use, my Virgin cable 200
down 20 up line is speed testing at 163 down and 20 up.

Old March 26th 20, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB[_2_]

On 24/03/2020 21:55, Tweed wrote:
It is traditional hereabouts to moan about the state of UK broadband.

Certainly not noticed any changes here, been running quite normally.
Old March 26th 20, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager[_5_]

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 20:14:42 +0000, MB wrote:

On 24/03/2020 21:55, Tweed wrote:
It is traditional hereabouts to moan about the state of UK broadband.

Certainly not noticed any changes here, been running quite normally.

Same here.

Warning from the ISP that staff are working from home, so apologies in
advance for noises of children playing and parrots squawking.
Old March 26th 20, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MissRiaElaine[_2_]

On 26/03/2020 20:37, Bob Eager wrote:

Warning from the ISP that staff are working from home, so apologies in
advance for noises of children playing and parrots squawking.

Same as usual, then.

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old March 27th 20, 12:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager[_5_]

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 23:27:18 +0000, MissRiaElaine wrote:

On 26/03/2020 20:37, Bob Eager wrote:

Warning from the ISP that staff are working from home, so apologies in
advance for noises of children playing and parrots squawking.

Same as usual, then.

Indeed. It's quite a well known parrot. His name is Frank.
Old March 31st 20, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.[_5_]

On 27 Mar 2020 00:53:42 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 23:27:18 +0000, MissRiaElaine wrote:

On 26/03/2020 20:37, Bob Eager wrote:

Warning from the ISP that staff are working from home, so apologies in
advance for noises of children playing and parrots squawking.

Same as usual, then.

Indeed. It's quite a well known parrot. His name is Frank.

Bob, please tell us that you at least /considered/ calling it Capt.
Flint ;-)

Old March 31st 20, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager[_5_]

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 20:42:42 +0100, Graham. wrote:

On 27 Mar 2020 00:53:42 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 23:27:18 +0000, MissRiaElaine wrote:

On 26/03/2020 20:37, Bob Eager wrote:

Warning from the ISP that staff are working from home, so apologies
in advance for noises of children playing and parrots squawking.

Same as usual, then.

Indeed. It's quite a well known parrot. His name is Frank.

Bob, please tell us that you at least /considered/ calling it Capt.
Flint ;-)

Not my parrot. He belongs to the general manager of AAISP.