Request for someone with Zen and IPv6

Old April 1st 20, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

Default Request for someone with Zen and IPv6

Could someone using Zen with IPv6 enabled please tell me if they
can access the following URL:

https://metamap.nlm.nih.gov/

I can reach it if I disable IPv6, and I can reach it with IPv6
enabled from work, but on my home network with IPv6 it times out.

(I'd also be interested to know if anyone has trouble reaching it
from a different ISP.)

-- Richard
Old April 1st 20, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
N_i_c_k

On 2020-04-01, Richard Tobin wrote:
Could someone using Zen with IPv6 enabled please tell me if they
can access the following URL:

https://metamap.nlm.nih.gov/

Works he

$ wget -6 https://metamap.nlm.nih.gov/
--2020-04-01 19:22:36-- https://metamap.nlm.nih.gov/
Resolving metamap.nlm.nih.gov (metamap.nlm.nih.gov)... 2607:f220:41e:7053::15
Connecting to metamap.nlm.nih.gov (metamap.nlm.nih.gov)|2607:f220:41e:7053::15|:443. .. connected.
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: ‘index.html'

index.html [ = ] 10.19K --.-KB/s in 0.03s

2020-04-01 19:22:36 (302 KB/s) - ‘index.html' saved [10432]

HTH,
--
N_i_c_k
Old April 1st 20, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

Old April 1st 20, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
grinch

On 2020-04-01, Richard Tobin wrote:
Could someone using Zen with IPv6 enabled please tell me if they
can access the following URL:

https://metamap.nlm.nih.gov/

Works he

Thanks.

-- Richard

I can get its IP from DNS ,but I cant get to it. Are we being Geo
blocked because we are not in the USA ?
Old April 1st 20, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

On 01/04/2020 19:25, N_i_c_k wrote:
wget -6https://metamap.nlm.nih.gov/

OK here too. ISP is BT.
Andy
Old April 1st 20, 11:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Gregory[_2_]

On 01/04/2020 19:25, N_i_c_k wrote:
Works he

+1

--
Brian Gregory (in England).
Old April 2nd 20, 12:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Theo[_2_]

On 2020-04-01, Richard Tobin wrote:
Could someone using Zen with IPv6 enabled please tell me if they
can access the following URL:

https://metamap.nlm.nih.gov/

Works he

Works here on Sky - IPv4 and IPv6.

Theo
Old April 2nd 20, 07:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Richard Tobin wrote:

I'd also be interested to know if anyone has trouble reaching it
from a different ISP.

IPv6 would be a nice problem to have for Plusnet customers ...
Old April 2nd 20, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

In article , grinch wrote:

I can get its IP from DNS ,but I cant get to it.

What router are you using?

-- Richard
Old April 2nd 20, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
grinch

On 02/04/2020 11:27, Richard Tobin wrote:
In article , grinch wrote:

I can get its IP from DNS ,but I cant get to it.

What router are you using?

-- Richard

Cisco 867 but that's no relevant the problem is this .If I try to just
get to the https:// metamap.nlm.nih.gov you posted it does not work but
the routing is working.

If I try to get to https:///metamap.nlm.nih.gov/somedocontheserver.pdf
that works fine