Three Mobile Broaband - Upgrade

Old April 1st 20, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJB

Default Three Mobile Broaband - Upgrade

Please can folks advise. I need to upgrade my plan for greater monthly data.. Currently I'm on 17 tariff for 20GB cap. paid for monthly; using a Wuahei mob. boardband device on 3G. If I upgrade that contract becomes 57 per month for 'unlimited' data (=100GB) - expensive.

There seems to be 2 options - with a 12 month ccntract

1/ This is for a new 4G Wuahei device; with 100GB data at

The price is 29 per month for 100GB

However is this 100GB for the entire year or 100GB per month.

2/ New 4G Huawei device with 'indefinite data' (aka 1TB - 1000GB)

The price is 27 per month for 1TB.

However is this 1TB per year or per month.

The pricing is confusing. And what does 'unlmited' data mean?

Thank you.
Old April 1st 20, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

CJB wrote:
Please can folks advise. I need to upgrade my plan for greater monthly
data. Currently I'm on 17 tariff for 20GB cap. paid for monthly; using a
Wuahei mob. boardband device on 3G. If I upgrade that contract becomes
57 per month for 'unlimited' data (=100GB) - expensive.

There seems to be 2 options - with a 12 month ccntract

1/ This is for a new 4G Wuahei device; with 100GB data at

The price is 29 per month for 100GB

However is this 100GB for the entire year or 100GB per month.

2/ New 4G Huawei device with 'indefinite data' (aka 1TB - 1000GB)

The price is 27 per month for 1TB.

However is this 1TB per year or per month.

The pricing is confusing. And what does 'unlmited' data mean?

I'm not sure where you get the 1TB limit from, but option 2 is defined as
"unlimited".

Other options using the Three network are Smarty 20pm

https://smarty.co.uk/plans/unlimited

And IDmobile also 20pm

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/sim-only-deals

Both the above are 30 day contracts.
Old April 1st 20, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve[_4_]

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 21:07:43 -0000 (UTC), Chris wrote:

CJB wrote:

[...]

The price is 27 per month for 1TB.

However is this 1TB per year or per month.

The pricing is confusing. And what does 'unlmited' data mean?

I'm not sure where you get the 1TB limit from, but option 2 is defined as
"unlimited".

I believe it's a Fair Use Policy.
Old April 2nd 20, 08:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 01/04/2020 22:59, Steve wrote:

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 21:07:43 -0000 (UTC), Chris wrote:

CJB wrote:

[...]

The price is 27 per month for 1TB.

However is this 1TB per year or per month.

The pricing is confusing. And what does 'unlmited' data mean?

I'm not sure where you get the 1TB limit from, but option 2 is defined as
"unlimited".

I believe it's a Fair Use Policy.

Nope
http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-...a se=obj(3833)

It is genuinely unlimited within the UK. When roaming there's a 20GB
limit in Europe and 12GB elsewhere.

Old April 2nd 20, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Steve[_4_]

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 08:43:25 +0100, Chris wrote:

On 01/04/2020 22:59, Steve wrote:

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 21:07:43 -0000 (UTC), Chris wrote:

CJB wrote:

[...]

The price is 27 per month for 1TB.

However is this 1TB per year or per month.

The pricing is confusing. And what does 'unlmited' data mean?

I'm not sure where you get the 1TB limit from, but option 2 is defined as
"unlimited".

I believe it's a Fair Use Policy.

Nope
http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-...a se=obj(3833)

That url didn't work.

It is genuinely unlimited within the UK. When roaming there's a 20GB
limit in Europe and 12GB elsewhere.

I've read on another forum where people have contacted
customer support and asked what unlimited meant and had
been told that unlimited on 3 is 1TB.
I've just now read at
https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/three-all-you-can-
eat-data-reviewed "as of October 2019, this threshold
is no longer being used". This may or may not be true,
I guess it depends on which support staff you talk to.
1TB should be plenty for anybody, that's if you can get
a signal and decent download speed. Here in London I'm
lucky to get 10 Mbps, I usually get much less than
that.
Crossposted to utm.

Old April 2nd 20, 11:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJB

On Wednesday, 1 April 2020 19:41:59 UTC+1, CJB wrote:
Please can folks advise. I need to upgrade my plan for greater monthly data. Currently I'm on 17 tariff for 20GB cap. paid for monthly; using a Wuahei mob. boardband device on 3G. If I upgrade that contract becomes 57 per month for 'unlimited' data (=100GB) - expensive.

There seems to be 2 options - with a 12 month ccntract

1/ This is for a new 4G Wuahei device; with 100GB data at

The price is 29 per month for 100GB

However is this 100GB for the entire year or 100GB per month.

2/ New 4G Huawei device with 'indefinite data' (aka 1TB - 1000GB)

The price is 27 per month for 1TB.

However is this 1TB per year or per month.

The pricing is confusing. And what does 'unlmited' data mean?

Thank you.

Thanks for your responses.

I geuss that the 'unlimited' is 1TB. Presumably for the year of the contract.
Old April 2nd 20, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve[_4_]

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 03:10:43 -0700 (PDT), CJB wrote:

[...]

But whatabout the other monthly plan for a year of 100GB - is that 100GB per month or the totals allowed for the year?

===

Both plans are monthly.
Chris has already pointed out to you that there are
cheaper options available. I think Smarty is the best
option. Get a SIM and put it in your current device.
It's a monthly contract so you can cancel if you don't
like it.
Old April 4th 20, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJB

On Thursday, 2 April 2020 16:03:13 UTC+1, Steve wrote:
[...]

Thank you guys. Eventually I bought an upgrade to the 4G Huawei mobile bb device (free) witb 'unlimited' data for 22 per mont for 2 years. This will give me 85GB per month more or less.

It was delivered to the wrong address the next day. The address on the DPD package was wrong - but the post code was correct. Is this a deliberate diversion ploy to fool criminals? Or just plaine incometance?

Anyway I now have it installed and it works OK, except downloading vidoes are slow = 300kbps. But sometimes the speed goes up to 5.0mbps. One irritation is that I can't monitor usage.

The 4G light is yellow - aka one ot two bars. With 3G I always got 6 bars.

Thanks again

====