Shell energy broadband

Old May 21st 20, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default Shell energy broadband

Where have Shell broadband come from? Can't find much info about them. They
have some interesting deals at the moment.
Old May 21st 20, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
brightside

On Thu, 21 May 2020 21:00:53 -0000 (UTC), Chris
wrote:

Where have Shell broadband come from? Can't find much info about them. They
have some interesting deals at the moment.

Shell bought First Utility in March 2019 and changed name to Shell
Energy.

--
brightside S9

Old May 22nd 20, 08:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

wrote:

Where have Shell broadband come from? Can't find much info about them. They
have some interesting deals at the moment.

Shell bought First Utility in March 2019 and changed name to Shell
Energy.

Ta. Did they do broadband as well? Were they any good?

Old May 22nd 20, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
brightside

wrote:

Where have Shell broadband come from? Can't find much info about them. They
have some interesting deals at the moment.

Shell bought First Utility in March 2019 and changed name to Shell
Energy.

Ta. Did they do broadband as well? Were they any good?

Try a Google!

--
brightside S9
Old May 22nd 20, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade[_3_]

wrote:

Where have Shell broadband come from? Can't find much info about them. They
have some interesting deals at the moment.

Shell bought First Utility in March 2019 and changed name to Shell
Energy.

Ta. Did they do broadband as well? Were they any good?

Try a Google!

Yes got 2-stars.

https://www.broadband.co.uk/broadban...nergy/reviews/

Its Openreach of course so I assume BT backhaul

Dave
Old May 22nd 20, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

wrote:

Where have Shell broadband come from? Can't find much info about them. They
have some interesting deals at the moment.

Shell bought First Utility in March 2019 and changed name to Shell
Energy.

Ta. Did they do broadband as well? Were they any good?

Try a Google!

Yes got 2-stars.

https://www.broadband.co.uk/broadban...nergy/reviews/

Its Openreach of course so I assume BT backhaul

Thanks. I looked at Think Broadband, but they had no info.

Old May 22nd 20, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade[_3_]

wrote:

Where have Shell broadband come from? Can't find much info about them. They
have some interesting deals at the moment.

Shell bought First Utility in March 2019 and changed name to Shell
Energy.

Ta. Did they do broadband as well? Were they any good?

Try a Google!

Yes got 2-stars.

https://www.broadband.co.uk/broadban...nergy/reviews/

Its Openreach of course so I assume BT backhaul

Thanks. I looked at Think Broadband, but they had no info.

They look "cheap and cheerful". So if things work you will be fine. They
are happy to have customers who don't require them to expend any effort
to retain them. Such customers are profitable.

If there are issues they will simply blame Openreach. They will be happy
for you to go elsewhere, so some other ISP will have the expense and
effort of dealing with Openreach. They will try and off-load any charges
openreach raises back to you possibly with a 10% surcharge....

Dave
Old May 23rd 20, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

wrote:

Where have Shell broadband come from? Can't find much info about them. They
have some interesting deals at the moment.

Shell bought First Utility in March 2019 and changed name to Shell
Energy.

Ta. Did they do broadband as well? Were they any good?

Try a Google!

Yes got 2-stars.

https://www.broadband.co.uk/broadban...nergy/reviews/

Its Openreach of course so I assume BT backhaul

Thanks. I looked at Think Broadband, but they had no info.

They look "cheap and cheerful". So if things work you will be fine. They
are happy to have customers who don't require them to expend any effort
to retain them. Such customers are profitable.

Am mostly curious as I'd not heard of them before. Will only be using them
to haggle the price with plusnet when my current deal is up for renewal
next month.