plusnet web site down

Old June 23rd 20, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim...

Default plusnet web site down

"Chris Green" wrote in message
news
PeeGee wrote:
On 23/06/2020 08:56, tim... wrote:

"Chris Green" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

No, I can see the main website, and login to the member centre ok

Further investigation reveals that:

a) the line in the mail that said I have 14 days to pay is a lie

It's not a 'lie', it's an error.

Hm

that's a matter of opinion

.... or a matter of intent.

Yes, that's probably right. Given that it's a 'corporate' error/lie I
suspect it may almost be down in the 'sins of omission' area! :-)
I.e. someone entering stuff about some change or other just typed the
standard "14 days to pay" without even thinking about whether it was
correct or relevant in that particular case.

The guy that I spoke to yesterday was up to speed on my problem

the people who I spoke to at the weekend were not

So the guy who fixed my problem was chatting to me about all the problems
that they (CS) had with this "message" and how they had reported it to
"management" - over a 2 year period.

but "management" had done nothing to fix it

How hard is it to change a pro-forma mail?

HTH

tim

Old June 23rd 20, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Green

tim... wrote:

[...]

I didn't say it was hard, just that it wasn't a 'lie', more an error
due to plain carelessness.

--
Chris Green

Old June 23rd 20, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade[_3_]

tim... wrote:

No, I can see the main website, and* login to the member centre ok

Further investigation reveals that:

a) the line in the mail that said I have 14 days to pay is a lie

It's not a 'lie', it's an error.

Hm

that's a matter of opinion

Is this really a Plusnet letter. I see hundreds of similar scam mails
saying my BT/GOOGLE/NETFLIX etc needs some action...

Dave
Old June 24th 20, 09:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim...

tim... wrote:

No, I can see the main website, and login to the member centre ok

Further investigation reveals that:

a) the line in the mail that said I have 14 days to pay is a lie

It's not a 'lie', it's an error.

Hm

that's a matter of opinion

Is this really a Plusnet letter. I see hundreds of similar scam mails
saying my BT/GOOGLE/NETFLIX etc needs some action...

as I followed it up via the correct phone number I know it's genuine

They didn't even put the phone number in the mail. I *had* to go and find
it

Dave

Old July 2nd 20, 10:11 PM
Ian Platt Ian Platt is offline
Junior Member

Hi Tim, I have had this problem with Plusnet, if you login with a VPN or use your phone as a hotspot you will be able to see the website. I reported this issue to plusnet a few weeks ago. It's utterly stupid that the one website that they block if you miss a payment is the one website you need to make a payment.