plusnet web site down

Old June 22nd 20, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim...

Default plusnet web site down

Due to a cock up my DD got refused this week

so I have to pay manually

but each time I try I get :

"Cannot reach this page"

I gave them some slack yesterday as it was Sunday,

but it's still down today

anyone else seeing this?

Old June 22nd 20, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

tim... wrote:

Due to a cock up my DD got refused this week

so I have to pay manually

but each time I try I get :

"Cannot reach this page"

I gave them some slack yesterday as it was Sunday,

but it's still down today

anyone else seeing this?

No, I can see the main website, and login to the member centre ok

Incidentally, when I got logged in it offered me a "special offer" to
renew my contract for 24 months at 1/m cheaper than I get now, when I
clicked yes, it said "Sorry, the offer you selected doesn't apply" and
wanted 8/m more than I'm currently paying!

Old June 22nd 20, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NY[_2_]

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

Due to a cock up my DD got refused this week

so I have to pay manually

but each time I try I get :

"Cannot reach this page"

I gave them some slack yesterday as it was Sunday,

but it's still down today

anyone else seeing this?

No, I can see the main website, and login to the member centre ok

Incidentally, when I got logged in it offered me a "special offer" to
renew my contract for 24 months at 1/m cheaper than I get now, when I
clicked yes, it said "Sorry, the offer you selected doesn't apply" and
wanted 8/m more than I'm currently paying!

Which site are you using? www.plus.net (general, advertising their tariffs)
or portal.plus.net (specific one which allows you to log on to your account,
for billing or to set up/change email accounts)?

Plusnet had a problem a few days ago with their portal site (I was the one
that logged a "ticket" with them) which gave a "cannot reach this page" type
of response (I forget the precise message) for some people and for some
browsers. I think it worked for http://portal.plus.net but not for
https://portal.plus.net (ie with/without the extra security of HTTPS).

I wonder if what you are seeing is a manifestation of a similar problem. Try
accessing the www site and going through to the member centre (portal), and
try from a different browser and/or a different computer.

Old June 22nd 20, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim...

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

Due to a cock up my DD got refused this week

so I have to pay manually

but each time I try I get :

"Cannot reach this page"

I gave them some slack yesterday as it was Sunday,

but it's still down today

anyone else seeing this?

No, I can see the main website, and login to the member centre ok

Further investigation reveals that:

a) the line in the mail that said I have 14 days to pay is a lie

b) my service is downgraded the instant that the payment became overdue and
stupidly, the first website that is blocked is the one where I must go to
make my late payment

It was only 8 pounds

I was hardly going to do a runner.

Incidentally, when I got logged in it offered me a "special offer" to
renew my contract for 24 months at 1/m cheaper than I get now, when I
clicked yes, it said "Sorry, the offer you selected doesn't apply" and
wanted 8/m more than I'm currently paying!

when I first rang up to sort this, I tried to explain to the guy that the
reason that my DD failed was because, as I was on a special introductory
discount and I paid my Line rental via "line saver" monthly billing had been
zero and the bank cancelled the DD for lack of use

He didn't really understand the problem and suggested, "let me see if I can
find you a new deal so that you can continue paying nothing each month"!

To which I said, "that's very nice of you but doesn't solve the problem of
the missed payment".

"Perhaps I will take you up on that offer later"

How PN survives with offers like that, I have no idea

Old June 22nd 20, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Monday, 22 June 2020 14:47:14 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
tim... wrote:

Due to a cock up my DD got refused this week

so I have to pay manually

but each time I try I get :

"Cannot reach this page"

I gave them some slack yesterday as it was Sunday,

but it's still down today

anyone else seeing this?

No, I can see the main website, and login to the member centre ok

Incidentally, when I got logged in it offered me a "special offer" to
renew my contract for 24 months at 1/m cheaper than I get now, when I
clicked yes, it said "Sorry, the offer you selected doesn't apply" and
wanted 8/m more than I'm currently paying!

Well it is part of BT. They serially renege. Last year my free 18 months broadband contract (with free BT Sport) ran out, so I rang up to negotiate again. Got a price for the broadband and the TT said and you can have BT Sport of 3 per month for a year. Great I said, I will take it. Just 16 days later they hiked the price to 7.50p per month (later 10), so I quickly cancelled.
Old June 22nd 20, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

NY wrote:

Which site are you using? www.plus.net (general, advertising their
tariffs) or portal.plus.net

I still think of it as portal.plus.net from the good old days, but
nowadays it just redirects to

https://www.plus.net/member-centre/home
Old June 22nd 20, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Green

tim... wrote:

No, I can see the main website, and login to the member centre ok

Further investigation reveals that:

a) the line in the mail that said I have 14 days to pay is a lie

It's not a 'lie', it's an error.

--
Chris Green

Old June 23rd 20, 08:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim...

"Chris Green" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

No, I can see the main website, and login to the member centre ok

Further investigation reveals that:

a) the line in the mail that said I have 14 days to pay is a lie

It's not a 'lie', it's an error.

Hm

that's a matter of opinion

Old June 23rd 20, 09:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeeGee

tim... wrote:

No, I can see the main website, and* login to the member centre ok

Further investigation reveals that:

a) the line in the mail that said I have 14 days to pay is a lie

It's not a 'lie', it's an error.

Hm

that's a matter of opinion

..... or a matter of intent.

--
PeeGee

Old June 23rd 20, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Green

tim... wrote:

No, I can see the main website, and* login to the member centre ok

Further investigation reveals that:

a) the line in the mail that said I have 14 days to pay is a lie

It's not a 'lie', it's an error.

Hm

that's a matter of opinion

.... or a matter of intent.

Yes, that's probably right. Given that it's a 'corporate' error/lie I
suspect it may almost be down in the 'sins of omission' area! :-)
I.e. someone entering stuff about some change or other just typed the
standard "14 days to pay" without even thinking about whether it was
correct or relevant in that particular case.

--
Chris Green