Plusnet "reward card"

Old June 23rd 20, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default Plusnet "reward card"

Hi all,

My PN contract is coming to an end and they're promoting their new
deals with the above-mentioned card. There are very few details what
the reward card is other than this in the small print:

"The Plusnet Reward Card is issued by Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd, an
Electronic Money Institution authorised in the UK by the*Financial
Conduct Authority with Firm Reference Number 900023; pursuant to
license from Mastercard International."

This makes me think it's just a Mastercard cash card, but has anyone
actually got one of these and know if there are any limitations on what
it can be used for?

Old June 23rd 20, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim...

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi all,

My PN contract is coming to an end and they're promoting their new deals
with the above-mentioned card. There are very few details what the reward
card is other than this in the small print:

ISTM that this is just a cashback offer

they used to offer cashback in the form of a cheque

now perhaps they send you this pre-funded card?

"The Plusnet Reward Card is issued by Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd, an
Electronic Money Institution authorised in the UK by the Financial Conduct
Authority with Firm Reference Number 900023; pursuant to license from
Mastercard International."

This makes me think it's just a Mastercard cash card, but has anyone
actually got one of these and know if there are any limitations on what it
can be used for?

3. Where can I spend the money on my Plusnet Reward Card?

You can spend the money online and in most high street stores that display
the Mastercard® symbol. However, there are some limitations. The card can't
be used for:
..Cash withdrawal at a cash machine
..Cash back at a till
..Any Customer Activated Terminals (such as but not limited to [email protected], toll
roads, car parks or train ticket terminals)
..Subscriptions or automated periodic payments
..Foreign exchange bureaus
..Gambling

Old June 24th 20, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

tim... wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks. Where did you find that?

I renewed my contract as with the cashback it's the cheapest option on the
market.

Old June 24th 20, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

On 23/06/2020 13:24, Chris wrote:
Hi all,

My PN contract is coming to an end and they're promoting their new
deals with the above-mentioned card. There are very few details what
the reward card is other than this in the small print:

"The Plusnet Reward Card is issued by Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd, an
Electronic Money Institution authorised in the UK by the*Financial
Conduct Authority with Firm Reference Number 900023; pursuant to
license from Mastercard International."

This makes me think it's just a Mastercard cash card, but has anyone
actually got one of these and know if there are any limitations on
what it can be used for?

My mother got one, when I signed her up with Plusnet. She gave it to me.
50 quid on it, so I filled up with petrol to the value of 50 quid, paid
using the card, and chucked it away.
Old June 24th 20, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Mark Carver wrote:
On 23/06/2020 13:24, Chris wrote:
Hi all,

My PN contract is coming to an end and they're promoting their new
deals with the above-mentioned card. There are very few details what
the reward card is other than this in the small print:

"The Plusnet Reward Card is issued by Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd, an
Electronic Money Institution authorised in the UK by the*Financial
Conduct Authority with Firm Reference Number 900023; pursuant to
license from Mastercard International."

This makes me think it's just a Mastercard cash card, but has anyone
actually got one of these and know if there are any limitations on
what it can be used for?

My mother got one, when I signed her up with Plusnet. She gave it to me.
50 quid on it, so I filled up with petrol to the value of 50 quid, paid
using the card, and chucked it away.

Sounds ideal. Thanks for the update.

Old June 25th 20, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim...

"Chris" wrote in message

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/...-and-vouchers/

I renewed my contract as with the cashback it's the cheapest option on the
market.

even without cash back it's probably the cheapest "reliable "option :-)

Old July 2nd 20, 10:19 PM
Ian Platt Ian Platt is offline
Junior Member

I was told new customers only when I tried to claim the voucher.