PAYG SIM minutes don't run out - no monthly top up

Old September 11th 20, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
David[_4_]

Default PAYG SIM minutes don't run out - no monthly top up

I'm looking for a backup SIM which will keep a phone going but not require
a monthly top up.

Ideally Vodaphone (to diversify networks) but retaining credit long term
is more important.

Cheers

Dave R

Old September 11th 20, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
David[_4_]

On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 15:09:26 +0000, David wrote:

I'm looking for a backup SIM which will keep a phone going but not
require a monthly top up.

Ideally Vodaphone (to diversify networks) but retaining credit long term
is more important.

Sorry - should have been mobile.

Old September 11th 20, 04:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Reentrant[_2_]

On 11/09/2020 16:09, David wrote:
I'm looking for a backup SIM which will keep a phone going but not require
a monthly top up.

Ideally Vodaphone (to diversify networks) but retaining credit long term
is more important.

Cheers

Dave R

Giffgaff. You just have to make one chargeable call or text every 6
months to keep it "alive" and I think they warn you in good time before
they close the account. Topup credits last indefinitely (ie top up,
don't buy a monthly "goodybag"). It's ideal for low usage.

Runs on the O2 network.

--
Reentrant
Old September 11th 20, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
robert

On 11/09/2020 16:43, Reentrant wrote:
On 11/09/2020 16:09, David wrote:
I'm looking for a backup SIM which will keep a phone going but not
require
a monthly top up.

Ideally Vodaphone (to diversify networks) but retaining credit long term
is more important.

Cheers

Dave R

Giffgaff. You just have to make one chargeable call or text every 6
months to keep it "alive" and I think they warn you in good time before
they close the account. Topup credits last indefinitely (ie top up,
don't buy a monthly "goodybag"). It's ideal for low usage.

Runs on the O2 network.

Also Three's 321 tariff, topups do not run out. They also do a free
200MB per month data card.
I think everyone requires occasional usage to keep the SIM active.
Old September 11th 20, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Chris

Robert wrote:
On 11/09/2020 16:43, Reentrant wrote:
On 11/09/2020 16:09, David wrote:
I'm looking for a backup SIM which will keep a phone going but not
require
a monthly top up.

Ideally Vodaphone (to diversify networks) but retaining credit long term
is more important.

Cheers

Dave R

Giffgaff. You just have to make one chargeable call or text every 6
months to keep it "alive" and I think they warn you in good time before
they close the account. Topup credits last indefinitely (ie top up,
don't buy a monthly "goodybag"). It's ideal for low usage.

Runs on the O2 network.

Also Three's 321 tariff, topups do not run out. They also do a free
200MB per month data card.
I think everyone requires occasional usage to keep the SIM active.

Doesn't exist anymore.

Old September 11th 20, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Friday, 11 September 2020 19:37:08 UTC+1, Chris wrote:
Robert wrote:
[...]

You better order one quick: -

https://www.three.co.uk/Free_SIM_MBB/Order
Old September 12th 20, 09:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
robert

On 11/09/2020 19:37, Chris wrote:
Robert wrote:
[...]

Thanks - didnt realise they had stopped the 321 SIM
The free 200MB data is still available
https://3g.co.uk/three-data-reward-sim

Old September 12th 20, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Robert wrote:
[...]

strange...I just ordered another one,,,
Old September 12th 20, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Robert wrote:
[...]

I have five of them from about a year ago...am I still getting the 200mb
?....
Old September 12th 20, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Robert wrote:
[...]

3 are good at removing life time offers